1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanna waste 15 minutes...

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by maple-guy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

Here's a video I made today mostly after a small 8"-12" storm we had 2-3 days ago.

It's 15 minutes long but for those waiting/hoping for some snow; you will see plenty of pushing, stacking and windthrowing. I'm opening a part of my Maple Farm road.

http://www.jflaplante.org/SomePlowing.wmv

Next Monday, there's a 12" + storm coming!

See you soon! tymusic

JF.

2. Govbradst555

Govbradst555 Member

Nice video!! Looks like u need a snow foil so u can turn those wipers down

3. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

Indeed, I'm looking at different options to built one right now.

Thanks.

4. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Thank you for taking the time to post that. I really enjoyed it.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'm jealous, we haven't had that kind of snow in years. Does your truck have a miss or is it just the video?

6. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

Didn't notice. At what timing did you hear that in the video?

Thanks.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

what a waiste of 15 minutes :p

The snow up in Canada looks so fluffy haha tymusic

thanks for sharing with us great video

8. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

Well, I like to give something back but I don't feel like I can give advices most of the time because I don't do any commercial/residential account beside the usual neighborly help. I mostly do my own land which is probably equivalent to 75-100 residential driveways. For now I can only contribute videos!

The whole run (roads, parkings and all) takes between 90 minutes and 4 hours depending on how much snow we got. It is faster than with my old plow and I really like that extra time and reliability so far.

9. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I'll be watching that one again in the summer when I wish I was plowing. I'm gonna listen to music next time though. I cringed every time I heard you shifting and still saw your truck moving! LOL

10. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

thats cool
    nice Dmax! love the roar! lol u need a rubber or a snow foil badddly!

keep it up can't wait to see the next one
    Dan

11. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Video was pretty cool. Just about broke my neck towards the end when the camera tilted, but it's all good.

12. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

The Allison will not engage from D to R or vice-versa before it's safe. (I tried it at 30 mph just to see!) It's really not that big of a deal with a fluid coupling. That particular tranny is a Stage 4 race tranny from my drag racing days. I'm really not worried about it!

On the bright side; it's easier on the brakes tymusic

Sorry for your teeth :)

13. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

so advise if you plowing your sugar roads be careful to watch or remove your rubber tips on your guide sticks low branches love to slap them off . I have a few accounts i remove them because of low branches and brush's over hanging the roads :D

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It must have been the video. Did you open up the exhaust on it? Almost sounds like a gasser with an exhaust leak when you get on the gas, or fuel in your case:D I'm still jealous

15. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

I had a Flowmaster muffler on it but I kept bending and breaking it specifically while backing up when plowing in my 'extreme' conditions. I finally gave up removed it this summer. It's straight piped now. Not that noisy on a turbo diesel but a lot more brutal than it looks on the video.

16. Govbradst555

Govbradst555 Member

Andy if watching the video almost broke your neck. Then ya u liked it and were right into it lol

17. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I did not know that. I won't cringe now!

18. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

AWSOME VIDEO!!!!!!

no i know what snow loooks like

19. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Good show!

20. m.williams

m.williams Member

Did you really try that at 30 mph? lol would you make a video of urself doing it, ahah yes im a little skeptical on this one.