1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanna Trade??

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ChevKid03, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I just recently put a 9' SS X-blade on my truck.... well, I did this because I THOUGHT I was going to be making more $$$ per hr to plow the town roads here... I thought wrong... I have been adding more and more driveways to my route and the 9' plow just isn't going to cut it, so I'll cut to the chase.... I will trade someone "blade only" my 9' SS X-blade that is in EXCELLENT condition for someone with an 8' SS X-blade.... This could be a GREAT deal for someone as I'm not looking for ANY cash, just want to go back to 8'.... If your interested please either reply to this thread or PREFERABLY e-mail me @ TTigano@Comcast.net ... That way I can get it on my blackberry.... Thanks for looking and hopefully I can make a deal with someone... Take care.

2. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Wow Super deal for someone, go see the guys at Hillside motors in Westport he is a Fisher dealer maybe he has something for you?

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Thanks!..... I'll call them in the morn. Didn't think of them.

4. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

5. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

didnt you just trade for the 9'?

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

read what he says, obviously its not working out

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Well like just as in like this past weekend? Thanks tho for that comment I did read his whole post pal

8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'll go get some this morning.....It'll be a little bit but I'll take a few...

9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Yes Abbe, as my above post reads, I just got this and it was last week some time... Things change and accounts change... I was under the impression I was making more $$ per hour for the extra foot... I thought wrong.. I just picked up about 25 more driveways and a few very small parking lots and they ( the driveways ) will not be able to be serviced correctly or effeciently with a 9' plow..

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you just grab an 8 foot blade and keep the 9 footer? That way if things change you can swap over to the 9 footer and get the roads done.

11. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I could do that... but $$ is not there... especially right now... It is a good thought though... if something changes and no one wants this one.... that is probably what I will do...

12. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Here are the pics... and NO.... you cannot have the minivan... that is what I use to plow the parking lots.. it is equipped with a 14ft pusher box.. haha

IMG00002-20091218-0946.jpg

IMG00003-20091218-0946.jpg

IMG00004-20091218-0947.jpg

13. widpprop

widpprop Junior Member

I have an 8 foor one that I would trade you if you were closer.
    JW

14. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Looks like you will have to try the 9 footer out in this storm. I think you will be happy you have it. Should be able to work a little quicker.

15. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well, still looking to trade. The 9' worked AMAZING for parking lots and roads today but was a little snug in some of my drives..... I would rather stick to drives and ditch the roads... Truck takes a beating and can't make as much $$ as quick... I'm very doubtful I will break as much in drives as roads... Anyway, I don't care if the 8' blade you trade me is Stainless or Poly.. I just want an X-blade in return.

16. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Mine's not perfect but I'm still interested. Let me know Brian.

17. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

wow I do lots of drives with my 7'6" W/ Wings, makes it 9'5" and I have no trouble out of it and I never remove them, I even make it through the drive through @ the banks I plow, just angle it a bit.

18. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I put wings on my 7.5 this year and what a difference. I didnt find it too big at all. I think its just a comfort factor. I was happy to have them yesterday with my 20 inches of fresh snow.

19. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

ur so lucky, all we been gettin is 1" at most 2" and a few drifts, I want some real snow, PLEASE!!!

20. bdavis

bdavis Member

Hey ChevKID03 .......Snow7899 is a class act...Ive dealt with him many times.