1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Irongrave, May 26, 2009.

1. Irongrave

Irongrave Junior Member

I'm not a commercial snow plow operator just have a passion for Walter, FDW, and Oshkosh rigs and a few years ago my dad and I bought a 1961 Walter model ACUS Snowfighter with plans on restoring it. It has 24 1400 tires a supercharged cummins 6 speed and 2 reverse and a lot of rust hopefully over the next few years we'll get it back close or better then when she rolled off the floor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like it will be a good camping truck!

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

that looks like a fun project

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very very cool.

5. neman

neman Member
    from Mass

You should check out this website- http://oldsnowplowequipment.wetpaint.com/
    You will find a lot of resources and people to help you restore an old Walter like you have on that site.

6. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

looks like a fun project truck

its always better to see the old ones sitting in someones yard rather then the scrap yard

7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Don't laugh but that camper top can save you a lot of money when it comes to tags. In Oregon, if you say you use it for camping you can register it as a RV. A lot of guys with old duece and halfs do the same thing

8. vplow

vplow Senior Member

Nice. I'd love to go camping with that. Well, maybe I wouldn't love the drive there but it''d be fun tolling around once you got where you're going!

Do you know the history of the truck?