1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walmart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by optimax, Jul 17, 2012.

1. optimax

optimax Junior Member

Does USM have walmarts again this season for snow?

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

USM lost all the Walmarts two seasons ago. Store managers hire their own contractors again.

3. optimax

optimax Junior Member

That is what I thought but I had a store manager tell me it's back to USM. I'm trying to confirm.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

oh yay, more USM threads......

5. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

I think our Wall-Marts are going cheaper now then when they were national,

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Classic Wall-mart strategic plan. They have put plenty of their vendors out of business over the years with their demand for cheap cheap pricing. They don't care about others.

7. PhilFromErie

Word is that the local Wall-Mart super center goes for between 30 and 35k. The guys doing it are bidding everything like that, they are worse than nationals.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

9. PhilFromErie

That was a great article. I'm not saying I necessarily saying I want to plow Wall-mart for any specific reason, Ill plow any site that pays, I just use that as an example that people can relate to on pricing. If a Wall-Mart super center is 30k and should be 70k a Value home center that should be 7k is going for 3.

Again great article, worth reading for everyone.