1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walmart Super Center

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kegz_lawn, Jan 19, 2009.

1. kegz_lawn

kegz_lawn Junior Member

Has any one here ever done a walmart. If so how much how much did you make. I am curious. I cant do one. (i have two snow blowers)
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

No one on here has ever plowed a Wal mart. :jester:
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Fine; In a area with snow similar to milwaukee (55") and the building to be about mid sized for a walmart, it's in the range of $40-50,000. Now, this is not the exact figure, but I hope it helps answer your question.
  4. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I help do a walmart in IL and its a pain in the BUTT but it pays well
  5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

genrally i have heard walmarts dont pay that well
  6. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

Do you have to put smiley faces on your plow and rollback your prices?? LOL.
  7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

They do have a tremendous amount of bargaining power, and enough time to search for the lowest bidder I'm sure. BTW Walmart is not the only store with a big parking lot you know.. Around here the salting bill is often as high as the plowing bill for large commercials like that
  8. blowerman

Salting and sidewalk crews make the money. Ok, at least more than what you make plowing.
  9. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

They do here.....they pay very well!
  10. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

no experience with them personally but i've heard the money isn't anyting special
  11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

They don't pay they aren't worth a damn.
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Thats what I tell everyone about all my jobs
  13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

They pay well here!!!!! The company I worked for the previous 2 winters had one, it was the first big snow conmtract I sold.........I've mentioned it before, needs special liquid treatments, no chlorides, they pay VERY VERY WELL!!
  14. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Chris- what's your 'big' account? I know about your condos, but what about commercial/industrial lots? Curious.
  15. blowerman

I know guys hate them, but the condo's as a per unit price bill way ahead of the commercial properties. (ok, not every one) All I can tell you Joe, I have just over a dozen commercial/institutional/retail in a tight area around the Falls. Back in December we moved snow for a few other guys in the area as well. Example: M&I bank, Kessler Diamonds, Whittlans, Dallas condos. Not as many people feel like spending the money on moving and stacking snow this year.
  16. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

brother in law managed a walmart here in town and was paying about 20,000.00 a month for snow removel service
  17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the thing...

They will pay what the lowest contractor bids it at.

So weather that is good or bad is up to all of the guys bidding them.
  18. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

surprisingly, wal-marts paid well and actually paid ahead for me. the one in brockport is in the 45,000 to 60,000 range.
  19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's a Walsmart?:confused:
  20. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

its a rub and tug haha