1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WalMart/Sams

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JKMATHIEU, Oct 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JKMATHIEU

JKMATHIEU Junior Member

USM does not seem to understand that there is a cost associated with just having one of these accounts ready to roll....Equipment,Trucks,Spreaders,Salt and Employees. What they pay wont even outfit the place....And you havent pushed a flake!!!

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

They'll learn to deal with local contractors directly. Eventually.

Gonna be a lot of Wal Marts/ Sam's Club with some crappy service and mid night bailouts/ no shows this season.

It's like watching a train wreck. I can't look away. Might this fiasco herald the end of USM?:redbounce

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Welcome to PlowSite. I'm going to be real interested to see who plows Augusta's WalMart lot this year (new plaza). Last winter was good, but they kept a lot of equipment onsite. A couple years ago was a mess. I doubt they're going to keep the same company as last winter.

4. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

JK,
    without specific numbers what was the difference in what you had last year and what they offered?

5. JKMATHIEU

JKMATHIEU Junior Member

We dont know yet because USM doesnt have the actuall numbers yet. I am expecting at least a 15% reduction (not incl the 6% they generally add)

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I wonder if any USM employess or execs.get on here and read about all the great things we have to say about them. I cant wait to see what they look like also.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why would USM care it's not like they shop there!

8. JOEC

JOEC Member

Im going to take my camera with me this year. Everyone has to put pics on how bad they look.

9. Bigsnowny

Bigsnowny Member

Its not even close to 15%, Its more like 40% to 50% less.That is what USM is offering this year.

10. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Yeah!! that's what I am thinking too... just got new camera last year.. and Last year was not good at wal mart off 132th & L st.. cars were having trouble getting in and out and around... :cry::eek:

cant wait on what happens this winter!! xysport

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i see your in maine...isn't it getting down to the wire for snow work? what will they do if people bail when they get the new rates?

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Ah, yes. well past time. We've already had a couple of occurences where the paved surfaces have needed salt. A few locations even some light plowing (inch or so).

13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Blame the contractors for nonperformance (never mind that they didn't have any lined up).

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What makes you guys think that Wally World will care about lesser service if they're prices are significantly lower?

This is the company that has introduced the lowest priced goods for everything. And if you don't like it, don't need it or just want your money back, they FORCE the vendor to take it back, for no reason?

So with an attitude like that, why do you think it would matter to them as long as people still can get in and out?

Where else are they going to cut costs? Utilities? Property taxes? They have beat down every other supplier and now they are moving on to the next in line. Just look at their landscapes, they don't spend squat on installation or maintaining them, and now you think they are going to care that a bunch of plow jockeys are ticked because they won't plow for what they did last year?

Sorry, but I think if you believe poor service is going to drive them back to reputable contractors, I think you're in for a rude awakening.

15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

4 .....................................Ahhhh nevermind LOL

16. cseutah

cseutah Member
    from Utah

USM did not get the Sam's Club contract this time around. At the last minute all our Sam's accounts called and said we would be plowing them direct through store as usual. as far as our Wal-Marts we had to pass on the 47 cents on the dollar that is the best they could offer us. I went to 1 of are super centers we had and it has 1 really old rusted out loader with no pusher. on the same property we had 2 loaders with pushers, 2 trucks, and a full sidewalk crew assigned just to them.

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure you missed 15-20 of them.

20. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, probably, but then Crete would have to take his boots off. :laughing: