1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WalMart Official!!! - USM awarded 5,400 locations for land- 3,000 for snow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Oct 13, 2009.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Contractor letters went out. WalMart has notified their stores and all bidders have been notified that USM was the provider chosen.
  2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Good. Hopefully that will be the end of usm.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the Wals Marts in my area are in plazas and they don't have control over them.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

GV, we have several in plaza's that Walmart is responsible for, so most likely USM has the ones near you as well.
  5. grandview

If they are the landlord then yes, but if they are a tenant they no.
  6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I got a call today from USM for a wally world an hour away. Said the store manager didn't have anyone and they were desperate. (It's a mix of rain/snow here tonight - lol) Good to see they have things lined up early. Told the lady that I'm an hour away on a clear sunny, dry day. 3-4 hours away in a snow storm, so no, I'm not interested in it.
  7. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

It depends on how the lease agreement is written, weather the tenant or the management company is responsible for snow removal
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

there are a couple in plaza's in our area. Walmart takes care of there own area. It is weird hard to bid cos you dont know who does what!
  9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

that is weird...does someone do walmarts grass, parking lot sweeping seperately also? here they are in plaza's and you go through the management company
  10. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yeah the heat is on.. just warning when going over to an WM with your plow trucks and lot is a mess people are going see you for it.. no matter who is it.. if people go in store and ask manager about it will say it's the plow trucks outside or something not their problem. :dizzy:
  11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

So maybe to end the confusion. You should get a plow route and stop hanging out at walmart during a snow fall

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

One of the Wal Mart's in my area, the city actually owns the lot, but Wal Mart must maintain it. Its going to be interesting to see who they get for cheap this year.
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's funny stuff right there :laughing:
  14. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

I was going to say who is sitting at walmart during a storm with a plow??? WTF?
  15. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Maybe its time to get off his back. Just a thought.
  16. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Nah... that was some good humor and I'm sure PW can appreciate a chuckle at his expense?
  17. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

don't agree with this post I have talked to both yesterday usm and WM
  18. grandview

Details please.
  19. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

What a pain for you walmart guys I hope it does not impact your business too much very troublesome this USM outfit I have worked with them ouch!
  20. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

thanks alot.. if I was't far from any of you, would have been pleased with my work..

I have long list on my resume.. :nod: