1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walmart, Home Depot, Kohls??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Monument Snow, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Monument Snow

Monument Snow Junior Member

There is a large commercial / retail in my region

What are the first steps to letting these large companies know that I want to work for them.

I'm sure there is a common facilities company but I also argue the point that the (3) large companies on the lot manage their own contractors.

Any advice? Contacts?

I have large and medium size Concrete business and 99% of the time they solicit to me directly.

Thank you for your time.

Monument Snow

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

use the search feature.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

There are all done with national service companies managing the properties. Alot of the threads have been deleted but use the search feature (as newhere so eliquently put it) to find the threads and you can form your own opinion if you wish to work for them.

4. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Who is soliciting you? That should directly tell you the contact.

5. Monument Snow

Monument Snow Junior Member

Ok I get it. Search on my own. Fair enough.

To answer the last question:
    Generally primes solicit concrete project to me.
    This isn't the case with snow, yet. I did all the dirty work a
    Decade ago to be busy with concrete and now I need to get my hands dirty and get busy with BIG snow, no dinky dink
    Stuff. I'll figure the box stores out soon.
    Goodnight plowsite

6. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

While most are ran through nationals, several of the companies have their maintenance ran though the management company of the retail center. Easiest way to find out, IMO, is to locate the agency handling the leases, and ask them.