1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walmart bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Tireman7325, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Tireman7325

Tireman7325 Junior Member

Does anyone have any idea what to charge for snow removal for large parking lots like Walmart's or Target stores? I reside in Central New York. We generally get around 110" - 170" a year. December - March. Not sure how or where to obtain a bid sheet, I would guess at the store itself? We have JD Front End Loaders and just purchased 2 - pusher blades.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i would imagine all the bidding is already done for the chains its december. but who knows?
  3. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Most wally-marts are open 24 hours, therefore their trucks come in at all times to drop & hook. Recieving starts at & am so the docks have to be open at all times. Plus it is a PITA to plow when "customers" are prowing around at all hours....
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

yeah they are done with there contracts already. There is one going up in my hometown and I already got the plans for the lot from corporate headquarters to get the Sq Ft, so I was would be ready to bid on it come august of next year. Never to early to try and make some money.
  5. Tireman7325

Tireman7325 Junior Member

Thanks for your replies... Any clue on pricing? By the hour? season? square footage? Thanks again
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

A guy i used to plow for a few years ago had 4 walmarts. Seasonal each one went for between $65-$70,000. Im pretty sure that included salt too. Each one had a loader with a 16' box and i primarily stuck to 2 of the stores, but bounced between them with a F650 with 10' MC
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  7. cod8825

cod8825 Member

I can't help you on your specific store but we have the wal-mart in our hometown and they are cheap. The going rate in Kansas City is $100 it is the guide that we base are bids off of and we submitted a bid for $1000 for 11.5 acres and $275 for 20000 sq ft of sidewalks, $975 for salt.

The manager balked at first and complained that last years company took him to the cleaners and charged him $50,000 dollars for the entire season. In Kansas City we get like 20" a year but last year we had eight plowable snow events. I hope that your area is not the same way but are guy was trying to bully us into lower prices. I am glad that my partner and I stuck to our guns and held firm on our price even though it was a little lower than what we wanted.

Hope this helps
  8. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I may be wrong but I think a management company finds the contractors to bid. Atleast they did us. Find out who the facility management corp is for the location you wish to bid
  9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

$50k for a wal mart in KC????? here they get it done for $50-55 per hour. totals about $8-10k per season... i need to move south