1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walmart bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jfjcontracting, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

walmart

Has anyone worked for walmart. I currently gave them a bid and was wondering if they are good payers and or good to work for?

thanks

2. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

yes, i have two walmarts. great payers, always on time, and unless you have a manager that is known to complain they usually let you do you thing. i do a complete service for them. plowing, mowing, sweeping year round. i personally love installements over 12 months, i have a steady gauranteed income for a year, and if they continue to sign with you there will never be a lapse in payment.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Ive never personally been contracted with them but plowed a few Walmarts under another guy for 2 years. From what i understand they were a great account. Considering he had a $250,000 contract with them the got exactly what they expected but werent jerks about it. The only no no was sand, all the lots had to be salt only.
    Like he said good management will make it good or bad.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are going to give an all in price you are going to need averages for at least 5 years and then add a few events to that. You might also plow more then once in a heavy event.

If you are not confident you might want to start with something smaller.

5. hotshot4819

wow 250,000 contract, shoot mine aint nearly that, and trust me i didnt low ball, i barly got the contract the first year. either yours out there are alot bigger, or they are just willing to spend the money

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We had one walmart last season, it was woth a little shy of 100 thousand. It was a nice contract, hopefully we will have it again. Walmart changed the way they handle contractors last year from what I hear. You have to get on their approved vendor list, they will not sign a contract, at least the store we had wouldn't. We are bidding 2 additional WM locations for this coming season, I guess we'll see.

7. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

my proposal was around 25k parking lot was not real big though.

8. 06HD BOSS

It was for 4 stores.

9. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

I think i will feel comfortable granted that our shop and machines are located right next door the the walmart.

10. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

That price sounds about right 25k per store give or take some

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

$25000 for a walmart for one complete snow season. I tell you what if anyone wants to relocate to MN I will have you plow several of those at $25000 a crack unbelievable

12. 06HD BOSS

If your talking about the $250,000 price i said for 4 stores it equals more like $62k and change each

13. hotshot4819

correct, mine is around 100k for a full year mow,plow,sweep. mowing isnt much and is every other week. sweeping is 7 days a week, roughly 30 mins a night. i got 2 walmarts, so im not complaining

14. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Do these season prices you guys are talking about include salting also?

15. 06HD BOSS

Plowing salting and front walks.

16. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

Salting is not in that price, just a seasonal rate to move snow

17. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Can anyone tell me who to contact for walmart We have Two going in about 7min. from each other and I would love to put my to sence in. Who do i need to contact?
    Thanks.
    Brian
    Reliable Snow Removal

18. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

Go in the store and talk to the store manager. That is how i get most of my leads to bid on some of my parking lots.

19. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

what if the stores aren't complety built yet do i want to talk to the contractor or call corperate.

20. hotshot4819

you can call corp. ive never had to do this myself because i had the one in my town, and then when the other one was built a few towns over, they actually called my towns walart to get my number.