1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walmart advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by luky013, Dec 4, 2010.

1. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

anyone have experience plowing walmarts or working with USM? I was awarded a walmart location not far from my equipment yard. I bid it before I met with a field rep from the managment company (USM). after meeting with the field rep from USM I dont have a good feeling about it. really sounds like a pain in the ass, have to call in upon arival and when leaving the site, have to get signed paperwork from store manager and send with invoice, ect. ect.. I havent sent in all the paperwork to finalize the contract yet. I dont need the site to keep me busy. if I do it, I would put a couple of subs on it. any advice?
  2. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Run if you dont need it sounds like alot of extra work in the paperwork and calling deal
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Really.....A Bad Feeling .Huh!!!...Thats weird....Do a search on here...If their are any threads left about USM...The USM threads seem to disappear for some reason.....:eek:
  4. rock18201

rock18201 Member
    from NEPA

go to your closest sporting good store, buy your self a good cup(because thats where you are going to get kicked) and a good pair of sneakers lace them up really good and be like forest gump and run. The worst company i have ever worked for my phone rang constantly from them that was after i ended the contract with them. while working for them it will ring prior to snow when its snowing and after. As for trying to get paid well 4 month after we were done working for them the check came in the mail for the first storm. thats one company i will be glad to hear everyone of their employess are in the unemployement line.
  5. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

This came right from a Wal-Mart employee......they have all open ended contracts this year, they are going with the cheapest price and if that person does not work out they are going to fire them and go down the list. Also, they are slow pay. FYI only.
  6. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Look over the paper work USM gave you.
    If you want paid fast, it cost you a $$.
    I also think it is in it that you can't sue them for not paying.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  7. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

This is the advice I was looking for and what I expected to hear. Thanks, I am throwing the contract in the trash and writing the email to let them know. glad I posted on here before I signed the contract. snow work is stressful enough without scum bags like this.
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Another sheep in the herd, processed through the rumor mill run by those who just dont know. (but for rock18201)
  9. Matson Snow

You Know all.....Worked for them(USM) for 2 seasons.....So, before you dam all ....get your facts straight sir......
  10. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

...........could be that some folks don't need to be kicked in the teeth by a horse to know damn well that it's going to hurt................
  12. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

There should be a whole seperate forum for people to ask "who is USM and what are they like"
  13. Matson Snow

Back in the early 90s we did a few Small box stores..We only lost a couple of teeth....:waving:....
  14. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Did a big box for them. Didn't loose any teeth, but am still looking for my shorts!!:nono:
  15. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

My wife asked me why I was laughing so hard. These two posts are why. hahahaha

RUN Forest RUN......
  16. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

There is. Just not allowed on this site.
  17. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

I did find a couple threads Thanks! good stuff
  18. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Did some emergency sub work at once last year. Not a USM contract, Walmart leases from a RIT that owns the building so getting paid was not a problem. The lot layout sucked with islands everywhere and there were shipping carts galore not put away. Definite PIA.
  19. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Having experience with what you are talking about, I will tell you to budget at least an extra half an hour per vist for the paperwork. Walmarts don't hurry to get you signed. good luck
  20. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Is that a question or a statement?

I have and do work with them, so my facts are pretty straight. Thanks though.