1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wally mart rig....WTF?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Premierplowing, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premierplowing

Premierplowing Member

I passed the local wally mart today and thought I'd stop to see who was doing it....Here's what I came upon....Notice the plates are expired!!!!

IMG00221.jpg

walmart truck.jpg

IMG00222.jpg

2. Premier

Premier Senior Member

looks better than my last patrole truck...:) as long as they dont drive it on the road i dont think they need to have it registered..

3. airtime

airtime Member

Look's like a real strong runner. I bet it loves the cold starts. Very efficient truck for a wally world. When you plow a Wal-Mart you can't afford legit tags or insurance. Funny stuff!:laughing:

4. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I hope they didn't drop the insurance on the truck, I would imagine they did if its not registered any more, if so that would suck if something happened to the truck

5. wls

wls Senior Member

looks like the rigs they have here also

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

It's possible that truck has been mechanically sound due to routine maintenance (looks don't plow snow, durability does). No payments since it's probably been paid for many years ago, the contractor may have low overhead, and with the economy the way it is, he was able to bid the lot and make money at it. I mean, that's just a possibility isn't it?

7. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

I gotta say, that wallmart makes our wallmart look like a Tajmahall.

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

or maybe just maybe it is a lot truck only. just like guys have a 100,000+ piece of equipment sitting in a lot that can't be driven on the street and must be dropped on site via a low boy and tractor maybe the same is true for this as well. or maybe he just hasn't put the sticker on the truck yet since it is just sitting in a lot call them up and ask them you never know

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Maybe you could just pm the owner. I have seen a picture of that truck on this site before. If I find it I'll tell the member to pm you.

10. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Would you run anything else there for an almost break even job? At least if it blows up or is burnt to the ground. Your only out the minibike and Pogs you traded for it.

11. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

same here our walmart would dwarf that one

12. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

looks like it did the job

13. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

it does't matter where.. it's not on the owner's GROUND! if this truck is driving around and hit an car.. just an little damage it cost $2000+ to fix. if this truck has no Ins and an Expired plate.. it's an good bait for the cops.. so CALL THE COPS.. !! see what they say. :nono:

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

How do you know it has no ins???

Who cares if the plates are expired. If it doesn't leave the lot under its own power it doesn't need plates.

15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Our state sells trucks like that at auctions for a couple thousand each. If I would've won any of the large properties I bid on this year I would've purchased several of them.

No shame in using old iron if it gets the job done.

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Heck in MN you need current tags in your driveway.

17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I don't see whats wrong with it.

I'd rather leave that sitting in a lot somewhere versus a brand new anything or a $75,000 loader. I't not even that beat up. Throw some new stickers on the doors and a little touch up.. It's a work truck.
    It's nice to have brand new stuff but not everyone can justify buying it or even afford it for that matter. Mechanically it could be nicer than alot of trucks on here.

18. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Same in Illinois.

19. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

here it would need legal tags on a commercial lot.
    but you think he is towing that thing around.
    geez that is a crappy wmart the truck loks perfect
    oversized and out of place just like walmart
    I like it when people get their hair up defending if he has insurance
    expired plates are a pretty good sign of the business ethic I dont care what u say.
    keep your sht current it makes you look like a 16 year old.

20. airtime

airtime Member

I agree! And as Rainman should have said Wal-Mart sucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.