1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walkways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProWorkz.com, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Yes, i have one of these and will be buying 1 or 2 more. To me, honda's are reliable, strong, and will do the job right. This machine will move a serious amount of snow in no time. Its not self propelled, but if you tilt it up a bit, it will propel itself. The honda will also throw the snow quite far. It's great on gas. Just keep it maintained and it will last forever. Any other questions, just pm me.

2. Blowers

All Home Depot's have their snow blowers 50% off. You can get these blowers for $299.99 at my local Home Depot.

Thanks for the reply....

Dave

3. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

IMO when you buy these snowblowers from home depot, you get what you pay for. My dad owns a repair place and we have a lowes and home depot less than 5 miles either direction and we have gotten almost a dozen snow blowers from their that havent even been used yet and people are already paying to get them fixed. Spend the extra couple bucks and get it from a place that sells and services what they sell. As far as the hondas, best snow blowers made. We have 2. Sometimes i forget to drain the gas out over the summer, but as soon as i pull it out in winter, starts on first pull every time

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Honda is one bad mother when it comes to small snow blowers. When my 1977 bobcat 28" 8 hp briggs finally does die a honda will be replacing it. But that will be a long time since have the machine is built out of stainless steal. :rolleyes:

5. service

Why would someone have a blower fixed if they have not even used it??? I must be in the wrong business.....

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  6. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

i also worked at home depot. WHen these things come in, they are in crates and they usually hire a company to put them together, and this company rushes to put together 40 something blowers and have the time the things fall apart, they also do not put oil and gas in them and make sure they run before they ship them out the door. THe last store we got 2 in that were not even used yet, something was messed up on one of the carberatours, adn thay are also famous for stealing parts of snow blowers and giving them to the customers just to try to make them happy

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Home Depot also sells John Deere lawn and garden equipment......

8. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

they may be the only thing i would buy being that they have john deere people come in a set the equip up.

9. Blowers

Well I picked up 4 blowers with electric start for $299.99 each. Regular $649.00. Home Depot supplied me with oil for each unit. Filled each unit with oil, added gas and within 2 pulls all unit started up. For snow under 10" works better than my full size blower hands down....

My large condo's I plow has 278 units. The shoveling crew that currently takes care of the walkways and stairs makes $13,500 in 30 hours. and $22,500 in 50 hours. And all that work is done with shovels.

I did not believe that they made that type of money until I was handed a invoices from the propery manager showing a bill for 30 hours and another for 50 hours....... They charge $30.00 an hour with 15 guys.

The property is extremely large. With a lot of stairs. But shoveling is not the way....

So..... I will be taking over the walkway jobs next year....!!!!:D All done with these little Hondas... And a nice little invention I made for clearing stairs......:D

Dave

10. chevyplowman

chevyplowman Junior Member

I use a small blower like that and I love it. I have two apartment complexes that I clear walks for. I can clear the walks off in a flash. The blower is light for picking up and putting in the back of the truck. What's the nice little invention? Can you share or is this top secret?

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think there is about 10,000 people on this site that use a blower like that....Its a pretty common snow blower. :dizzy:

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Yeah, yeah...share the invention with us.....:nod:

13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone else have any input on this snow blower? I am thinking of getting this or the Toro. Only thing is I can get the toro at home depot, or I can get the Honda at a local family owned dealer who sells and services the Honda machines.

14. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have a 6.5hp toro light weight one just like that. It starts up every time and runs great, I personally don't like smaller blowers, I would rather have a 30" but for being so small it throws the snow and does well. Not sure if that helps you out.

15. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I have an old MTD that is of this type. It is going strong, and takes a beating. I have replaced the skid and the auger band, as these are regular wear items (mainly the skid bar underneath), but other than that, it has been a great and reliable machine.

16. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

I second this, I used mine for the first time this week and wow its fast you just tilt it up a little and be prepared to run because it goes. Does a nice job with the rubber paddles scraping down to the pavement. I liked it so much i bought 2 more for my other 2 drivers to use. Its like having a shovel, but 10 times faster. Its good for the banks and daycares i take care of. I still will use my Walker single stage at my condos long sidewalks and around there buidings to gas and electric meters, because i dont think the Hondas will work that well on uneven lawns or gravel