1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walkways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LI landscaping, Oct 27, 2003.

1. LI landscaping

LI landscaping Junior Member
    from NY

What kind of equipment is out there for removing snow from walkways. I am looking for something enclosed and with the option of heat. I suppose having the option of a blade or snow blower would be good as well.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Give some specifics.

Is this for servicing residential customers?
    Is this for servicing commercial accounts?
    How wide are the walkways?

Chuck B.

3. LI landscaping

LI landscaping Junior Member
    from NY

Chuck most walkways will be commercial and or city sidewalks. Measuring + or - 40 inches. Some spots are tighter than others.

4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

You can get a 4 x 4 quad with a plow and enclosure from arctic cat. Or you can use a 45XT or similar skid steer with plow on it too!

This can get expensive quick!

It all depends on the amount of walks you have to justify the expense. - IMO If you have an 8 hour or more walkway route, which lends to using this type of equipment(i.e. small amount of stairs and obsticals). It most certainly would be a wise choice to consider something along these lines.

Chuck B.