1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walks & Steps

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kfish, Nov 10, 2005.

1. kfish

kfish Junior Member

Hey all. I'm new and probably going to plow some driveways in a couple neighborhoods this year. So when you guys do the driveways do you also hop out after doing the drives and shovel the walks and steps to the front door? Do most of you haul around a snowblower for that?
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No. Unless you're going to charge equal to what you'd get for plowing for the time it takes.

As for me, I don't get out of the truck. But my area is a little different than most. There are no sidewalks in this town. Most places I plow, I can drive right up to the door and backdrag. But even if I can't, I still don't shovel.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i only do it if im getting paid to shovel walks
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I hate doing sidewalks, we drooped one acct over it this year.
    The one that we do the sidewalks. When they asked me, if I would do it I gave them what I thought was a high price but they didn't even flinch and said, that would be fine, so we do the sidewalks.
    You can make more money driving the truck then you can clearing walks.
    Because as you are clearing the sidewalk for 15 to 30 min and the 10min unloading and loading the snowblower, your truck sat there. You could have made more $$ plowing with the truck