1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Snowblower Videos and Pics!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by flatlander42, Dec 12, 2009.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That thing's pretty powerful! It looked like you had a bit of snow there too...nice vid!

3. flatlander42

Thanks, and yeah....that was a fair amount of snow. The amount of snow was not the problem, it was that damned wind!

4. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Quick question is that the single stage? Was checking these things out before i got my johndeere's, there nice machines

5. flatlander42

Yes it is the single stage. I'll throw another vid on youtube, and put up the link.

6. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Geez that thing seemed to work a lot better than the onces we use at the company I work for. Ours always seem to clog up so damn easily and yours just blew right through that stuff very impressive.

7. flatlander42

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like that thing works great. Have fun with it this season.

9. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

How much did the snow blower cost, that thing blows the snow awesome. I was thinking about getting one but havnt started pricing them.

10. flatlander42

It is supposed to cost 1,600-1,700$........BUT........I found this one and another one used for 300$ each. Had to drive 900 miles round trip, but it was worth it. The snowblower is OLDer, like pre 2001. Not sure on how old it is. I had to do some fixin and make the lift handle, stuff like that. wesport

11. flatlander42

This is the first storm I have used it in and it was super cold, dry and fluffy. It was about -27 with the wind chill. I am not sure how it will work on a wet soggy snow, but I think it will do just fine! That thing spins so fast I can't see it being a problem. (for the usually puny snows we get)

12. flatlander42

Thanks!

It will be a little more fun when I get used to it. It is definately a different beast.

13. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Looks awesome, that's my plan if we ever switch to walkers, now you just need a cab, maybe rig up a heater. :drinkup:

14. flatlander42

Believe it or not.....Cab WAS my next thing to do....

With this setup I think that the cab may not be needed. I had so many layers on I was actually comfortable. I am only on it for a few minutes at a time, then back to my warm truck. If I can handle 30-40mph winds this time out I think I will save my $$ for now and just load up on the clothes!:yow!:

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I wanted to see how the unit turned around. You made a path but did it get stuck backing out or turning? That thing really blew snow though!

16. flatlander42

I usually just back up to an intersection, or the end or whatever. If the snow is really deep, and a long way from the end/or intersection I would just lift it up a little and make a spot to turn around. If anybody complains about me driving it on their lawn....hell it is a lawn mower! If I keep the drive tires on a solid surface or clear spot I also could just *whip* the tail over the un-cleared snow. My wife didn't record me turning or else I would put that vid up too. Maybe next snow.

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Cool snowblower. Doesnt seem to bog down in that deep powder. How many hp is that?

18. flatlander42

18hp, and yeah if I keep the rpm's up it does well.

19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

wow nice, glad it works well for ya.

20. flatlander42

well, I did break a Deck Support Arm.....but that has nothing to do with the blower. The piece was rusty and allready cracked, So I think it was doomed to break sometime. I welded it to get through the storm and have the new parts on the way.