1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walk Broom Snow ss/4000 SnowEx

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

2. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Our dealer started selling them thid season..
    I seen a bunch of them already lined up in the service department. ..

I would like to know how many inches they can remove? ?

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen them, wasn't impressed.

4. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

I just sold mine for 1500 bucks. Wasnt worth it...

5. Antlerart06

Ok I wasn't for sure Look like a good design but wasn't sure if it was a good working design.
    I have a Complex I'm trying find a easier way to clean the walks
    Last winter was last year with a sidewalk crew This winter I left my ATV there but 2 different storms we had -15 temps it wouldn't start and my son and I cleaned the walks with my 2 paddle blowers took 1 hr to clean it
    Maybe I need look in to a 36 or 45'' blower WB I don't know I have all summer to think on it

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

You could try a walk behind broom. I have a riding one that I use for asphalt and it works great. 60" Jd broom. Have a snow blower for it to but ive found the broom is quicker depending on the type of snow falling. Here is a video of one of the guys using it for the first time......I think its the first time he used his camera also but that's all I have of it being used in snow.

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Maybe you cant load videos.....is it possible on here or no?

8. XtremeSnowPros

XtremeSnowPros Member

We have two and so far I think that they are great for what they are. We have not had one issue so far and was surprised on its productivity.

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

We have walk behind brooms.

10. Antlerart06

I make good money on it has to be cleaned every 2'' so in 6'' I'll clean 3 times
    Like I said I have all summer to think on it and might find someone selling one that's needing some money on a broom or a big blower

11. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

When I first looked at it initial though handy, then though if you have any accumulation where will the show go? For the snow pro a good single stage would be more practical IMHO.

12. Angel

Angel Junior Member

I would like to know if they have a poly cutting edge on the blade. Most of our walks are old and in bad shape and wondering if the plow would hang up a lot.

13. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Exmark makes a big walkbehind broom for about the same price. If you wanted to they look really easy to fab up a small plow mount on the front of it. Thats what i would do if i needed it.

The plow on the front of that snow ex unit looks like it would get bent and broken loading in and out of the truck.

14. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Was up at the dealer looking for something else and he tried to sell me on it. At $4500 there is no way. I did get to play with the demo, about as fast as a stage 2. I wasn't impressed enough to give it much thought. I would rather get a used tractor or quad for that price.

15. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

you can get sweepster walkbehind brooms cheap off ebay and craigslist. i have two that we use on some 5 foot sidewalks. two passes and done!