1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 129, Oct 24, 2007.

1. 129

129 Junior Member

I currently use a walk behind spreader made by Earthway for spreading rock salt for some of my accounts. I have had great success with this spreader, but I'm looking at doubling my salt accounts this year, and need a larger walk behind. Does anyone out there have any spreaders to recommend? Any help would be great:salute:

2. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Walk behind Spreader

I bought mine for Tractor Supply last year. It was a Snow/Ice Buster and had stainless steel everywhere. It worked great and has side deflectors os not to throw salt on the sidewalks. I paid around $200 for it. Hopfully they still have one, I just looked on the Web for you, but it was not listed. I would call a store near you.

3. 129

129 Junior Member

Thanks for the tip...I did stop by there last week and purchased a spreader. Thanks again!prsport

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I know northern tool sells one for like $150

5. karol

karol Senior Member

spreader

Look into the Snow-Ex Walkbehind. Great spreader.

6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I ues an agri fab it is adjustable from 4' to 12' and it holds 150lbs. Well ,atleast thats what I put in it and it has worked for 2 yrs. now. I think it was around $150 new. It is not stainless but as long as you wash it it works great!!! I use it to spread ice melt on drives and walks at my condos, and it is perfect for that !!!

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks like salt dog is making them now too.. saw some in MILL Supply

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i bought my saltdog walkbehind from angelos-supplies.com

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a small Earth way spreader and I just bought a new SPYKER Spreader.

The Spyker Is a more of commercial typer Fert Spreader. And I have noticed that Empty it weighs a freaking ton!!!! It holds double the volume that the earthway does but the empty weight sucks.

If your accounts are spread out, and you are constantly lifting your spreader in and out of your truck. I would just stick with the smaller lighter spreader.

Mo only

10. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member