1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by campi, Sep 18, 2006.

1. campi

campi Member

:confused: I need to get a walk behind spreader ! need to use on small comm. lot and a few drives, need one that will spread baged rock salt not to $$$ . nent yr. I will probably get a tail gate spreader! any one use walk behind , I could use some advice. Thanks Campi!!!!!:help:
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Ya, I used to spread my 4 lots last year with a walk behind. An Agri-fab, holds 1 40KG bag and spreads well over 30 feet it is the best. Gonna get a tailgate this year since I got 7 lots now but if I only had 4 I would still be doing it. Hay that's about $3000.00 in my pocket insead of on the back of my truck. I dosent take to long to spread 6 bags of salt.
  3. Novaguy65

Novaguy65 Junior Member

Walk Behind

SnowEx has a new walk behind that is pretty nice. Look into it.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Scotts Speedy Green

:jester: I know this will start a whole new rash but...
    We simply use inexpensive hardware store spreaders on walks and areas we cannot use the truck spreader. We go through a couple a year. Depends on your situation. If the area is not too large and you want a minimal investment for now it is a viable option. Yes we carry 2 in the truck, but they are small & lightweight. Cheap too!