1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walk-behind spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by havenlax18, Dec 21, 2010.

1. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

What walk behind spreaders do you guys use. I use anderson,earthway,lesco, and abri fab.
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Are you looking to contain or spread as far as you can?
  3. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

No I dont need any I am just seeing whats out there.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We use Epokes.
  5. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Icebuster, I'm washing it out good tomorrow and putting it back into storage. Doesnt spread sand and to cumbersome to put in and out of my truck for normal salting. I just feed the chickens. As for quality of product its lacking. I used old garden hose to get the side blinders to stay put and for some reason has different size bolts/nuts through the spreader very haphazardly. I basically threw money away.
  6. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Well most work ok for ice melt but which one will throw rock salt and contain?
  7. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i like that agri fab 75 pound unit with the pnumatic tires of course used it for rock salt mainly and it spreds fairly well and without much head ache. worst problem i have had is that cheep rock salt will clog it on occasion just cause the salt is not uniform size.
  8. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I bought one from my local Diamond/Meyer rep. It's spreads anything that is not too wet or frozen. It will contain or broadcast 12' total. My rep told me this particular model (Hotshot) is made by Scott.
    I like it. $500 worth though :)