1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind spreader question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jsc824, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I am looking for a good walk behind spreader that can spread not only salt, winter products, etc, but also seed and fert in warm weather.

Anyone have any recomendations on a specific spreader if there is even one out there that does all of the above.

Preferably under the $300 mark.

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

lesco.....

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

SnowEx

I use a SnowEx spreader for all the above and it works well.

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I have used the Agra Fab, and borrowed an Earhway.
    The agra fab was gave to me, was frozen up. I got it working and used th eheck out of it, the Earthway I borrowed when the arga fab died thanks to the plastic gear giving out..
    I hate that earthway spreader, it gets clogged up to much, have to bounce it all the time with ice melt and the rock salt I use it will not even try to spread.

Me, I would buy an Agra Fab I think Northern Tool has them for 69.00 free shipping, use it till it can not be repaired anymore, then trow it in the trash and buy another.

Mine was from the city library and they used it for about 3 years, it was given to a friend when they bought a new one when it started to freeze up(his wife works there), he used it for a year or two, then it sat in his barn for a year and froze up totaly, gave it to me and I used it all winter up till a few weeks ago.

Not bad for a 69$$ spreader IMO.

But you can go and spend 200-600 on one and it last the same amount of time as one for less then 100 bucks...

my 2c...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

for ice melt any spreader will work, lesco for fertilizing is very accurate, thats what you want if your fertilizing......it has settings and is solid.