1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind salt spreader/plow cool tool - update

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

okay so I saw there was a thread about this when it was in demo stage, looks like they took advice and droped the sulky part and added weights Check out the video. http://www.spyker.com/288Thunder.html
    I just saw it advertised in snowmagazine

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

pretty slick gizmo...:jester:
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

That is Cool
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

that is piece of crap. my opinion...
  5. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Well I tend to agree. It doesn't look like there is a trip edge on that blade or any other trip mechanism. Hit a raised joint and over the handles you go.
    What's up with the john deere weights on the sides. I think it's a piece of crap also, sorry
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I like that, i think it would look better with tracks.
  7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

doesn't need a trip edge. The crack or edge in the sidewalk will stop it dead weather it had tracks or wheels. I don't think it has enough tractive effort to push snow. Just put a v plow on a Lesco renovator and you have the same thing at half the price. You can also use the blades on the renovator to chew up ice and hard pack too
  8. somm

somm Senior Member

Whoa ! that's the way to clear sidewalks/ paths in a-hurry !
    Doing clearing and spreading at the same time, cool, why didn't L.T. Rich think of that?

thx4 the thread Grn Mtn
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

that might work ok with tire chains but with any snow over 6" or so might cause a problem though..
  10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Guys, did you watch the video?? I don't think so because that guy is pushing thru 4-6", and besides, only commercial people would use it and your out way before 6" is on the ground.

My personal opinion is that it can be a big time saver, can totally pay for itself in less than a season, BUT it should have rubber edge not steel, heck your salting so who cares if some hardpack remains.
  11. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

use a atv or even snowblower............
  12. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

thats a pretty cool lil thing but in the video its only pushing nice fluffy untouched snow we do condos so there is always some packed down especially in high traffic areas i wouldent waste the money i rather just get a single stage snow blower and mount a 5 gallon bucket of salt on it somewhere
  13. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

It looks pretty small to be in a solid V position... plus no trip. Are the wings moveable? Even if they were manual with a sliding rod and a pin it would make clearing 3'+ walks possible.
  14. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

looks cool. does it work, have you used it, whats your opinion? Thanks.
  15. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Cool device, but get a small lawn tractor with a front blower with a salter rigged on the back!
  16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

it'd work for the first few storms until the snow builds up too high on the sides of the walkways. and it sounds like a weedeater, very annoying
  17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

They must want an Arm an Leg for that crap!