1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind salt spreadder

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bizmarkdroops, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bizmarkdroops

bizmarkdroops Junior Member

i need to buy a walk behind salt spreader that flows easy, easy to push spread with adjustment of 3' to 6' wide for side walks. any recommendations?
  2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Lesco push salters

I do not own one, but have seen them up close when buying fertilizer and they look pretty stout and easy to push. I love my lesco riding fert. spreader, I imagine the pusher salters are pretty nice too.
  3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Salt Dogg makes a pretty nice walk behind spreader. www.cpw.com for more info.
  4. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

5. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Tractor Supply

Tractor supply had an Ice Buster, all stainless steel, very easy to push and holds around 100lbs. It also has side skirts on it so the salt does not go into the grass on the sidewalks. I used it for 2 years, and I loved it.
  6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i recently bought an ICE Buster from northern too, althogh i havent got a chance to use it yet, it has big openings, rock salt will work fine in it. Has deflectors as well. Its not the stainless version though, just black steel. Looks nice, was around 160 bucks plus shipping
  7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Salt Dogg one from CPW.
    It's pretty awesome
    way better built than the fertilizer ones.
    easy adjustments for not spraying too far to the sides.
    I'd buy it again.
  8. bizmarkdroops

walk behind spreader

thanks this helps a lot
  9. bizmarkdroops

walk behind spreadder

i bought a salty dogg thanks

WHITESLAWNCARE Junior Member
    from ny

LESCO ALL THE WAY!! SMOTHE OPERATION & COME IN STAINLESS they also sell side walk attachments
  11. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

You'll like it! They work very well.