1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walk behind liquid spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mikemat31, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Hi all I am a high school student I love constructing things and thought this would be fun project before I spend the money let me know what your think of the designs. I was alittle unsure of what type of pump to use weather to mount an electric transfer pump or mount an electric 12v air compressor and pressurize the tank. I was planning on using mostly PVC and power washer nozzles to spray I wasn't sure what kind of tank and what size.... nothing too heavy. I was also wondering how would I control the flow of liquid. I drew up some plans. also I am on 16 and I don't have excess to a welder so I can't really fabricate much.

thanks

the pump would look like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJg5s0PFm4&feature=player_embedded

2. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Heres the pic

3. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

trying to replicate something like this
    http://www.gregsonclark.com/spreadermate.html
    this also should work but I am unsure of how to power the pump recharge it and a battery to use. Also how would I control the flow would you control it from the tank to the valve to the pump or would you control it from the tank to the pump to the nozzle thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You could probably use a 12v pump for a ATV tank sprayer (Northern Tool), a Motorcycle battery and a 5gallon Poly Bucket with a lid on it. Use sprayer nozzles (Northern Tool), maybe a ball valve to turn flow off and a rocker switch to run the pump. Mount all that stuff to a two wheel dolly like the UPS guys use and let her rip.:mechanic::mechanic: