1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walk Behind Broom Machine For Walks..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ne1, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I need a walk behind power broom to clear large amounts of walkway. Due to all the obstacles a Bobcat with broom is not an option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

You need one of these

1203976022146_blowers14.jpg

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Turf Teq Power Broom
    The Turf Teq Power Broom, Model 1305BR, features a 47-inch width. With this self-propelled machine, you can change the pivot angle from the operator's position. Plus, brush pressure is also adjustable. The Power Broom features a hydrostatic transmission, differential lock and 13-hp Honda engine. The multi-use capability also allows the Power Broom to be converted into a Power Edger or Power Rake.

4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

id say that fits your needs quite nicely

5. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I went an Ariens walk behind sweeper last year. Works well. I also put a blade on my quad for the heavier snow and also bought a backpack blower for the lighter stuff.

6. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

What model ariens are you running?

7. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Ron, what does on of your units cost?

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

11. bcomstock15

bcomstock15 Junior Member

How do you like these? have you ever tried any of the attachments available, like the collection box etc? how much do you buy them for? the main advantage i see with them is that they have a direct drive shaft to the broom, no chains/belts etc like the ariens ive used. is there any other walk behind brooms (36" or less) worth looking at? Thank You!

12. leon

leon Senior Member

brooms etc.

The BCS 2 wheel tractors have rotary brushes and front casters and have offered them for years, you can also mount 2 stage snow blowers, mowers etc., which were designed for use in the swiss alps.

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

for 2500 you can buy one of these

brooms 2.jpg

14. bcomstock15

I'm really more interested in the walkbehinds, we do primarily condo complexes, so we need something to get passed all the damn obstacles they put on the sidewalks. I have one MB that works great, it seems like the ariens are always breaking down due to all the moving parts. theres like 2 chains and at least 2 or 3 shafts between the engine and the broom shaft. (on a 936 pb) we'll be selling 3 of these coming up if anyones interested.

15. leon

leon Senior Member

brooms etc

The BCS two wheel tractors would be a well worth it as you have casters up front to limit brush wear and aid in turning,

The BCS quick coupler would allow you to change attachments inn a couple of minutes and it does not require tools-but tools are needed for the standard mounting -good ratcheting box wrenchs to disconnect and install an attachment.

leon:waving::drinkup::sleeping:

one beer left and its not cold :help:

16. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

17. bcomstock15

ive had nothing but bad luck with any of sweepsters products.. specifically the one made for the 1445 JD, and the 936 PB walk behinds. just garbage products, falling apart etc.

18. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

how much was the mb broom?

19. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

I have 4 used MB brooms I bought last year new and do not need 1 of them if interested I will sell $2500. I can ship out your way if interested. Shipping is about $250

20. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

I have a Sweepster broom attachment for our grasshoppers that work well. My guys like being in the heated cab instead of being hit in the face with blown snow.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011