1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walgreens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rich Arlington, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

I recieved an email yesterday that Walgreens is NOT going national for Snow...

they said all national bids were too high....

so I guess this confirms that nationals dont bid low but some do pay the contractors low...

I have always said that some Nationals are keeping too much...

Now this confirms my thoughts.....

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Finally a company with reason! One down, 10000 still too go!

4. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

It's probably because Walgreens wanted seasonal pricing. Even the dumbest of contractors are going to cover their butt and shoot high on those.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the heads up

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Including EVERY SINGLE Walgreens Nationwide. Yes, a bid was included for every store in PHOENIX ARIZONA

Thanks for the info, Rich.

7. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Rich, I just received an email from AGMG that no decision has been made yet regarding Walgreens and that they are not going with just one National...??? Is this the case or has the decision already been made??

8. Green99

Green99 Junior Member

I called the Corporate office in Deerfield, IL this morning and my contact did not have an answer yet???

9. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I find it hard to believe they are going to let every store make the decision....

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

11. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

They've been doing it for years...

12. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

not in OH...maybe in AZ

13. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

From what another snow contractor told me , 2 seasons ago USM had the contract, subbed it to this guy he plowed all winter, mostly salt with one gigantic week long storm, lots of man hours and salt, along with bobcat work to clear sheets of ice in driving lanes and so on. the guy also had some other accounts with USM, well walgreens withheld payment for a number of reasons, keep in mind this guy was an emergency contact not the primary, so USM had already paid him for the other accounts and is now suing this guy for the money they were not paid for from the walgreens account....thats right he was paid for the other accounts, when walgreens withheld payment USM went after the money they had already paid this guy......its still in court. This is not some jerk off either, he runs a top notch operation, i was actually helping him out on a few of these accounts when the storm hit. Just goes to show they will try just about anything.

14. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

They do in Missouri and Arkansas as well...........

15. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

I'm talking about OHIO ....I don't need an update from all 50 states. We have bid on Walgreens directly through corp. before and usually they will pick at LEAST a regional to handle them.

16. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

the guy that does them around here does like 10-12 of them. he is the sub of a sub of a sub. that right third down so im sure he aint makin no money on it.

i know over the summer Brickman sent me an RFP on Walgreens. basicly told me they had the contract and needed to get someone ASAP as the current guy they ruled unqualified. well what do ya know 3 months later and he still doing them.

17. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

have you done any work for Brickman ?

18. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

nope, they sent bids for the walgreens and for the red roof inn. same guy doin the walgreens that they HAD to replace and needed prices in 48 hrs. red roof inn they drive here from where ever cleveland? canton? dont know where they really are to do the one place.

19. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

whose doing them?

20. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nothing as of yet. Manager's are still waiting to see what to do... I guess.