1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walgreens fined in Boston

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Feb 18, 2013.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Is walgreens handled by a national?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Week later and they are still plowing their lots and sidewalks?

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

SMS out of Chicago handles the Walgreens out my way.

5. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Three hours is a pretty quick amount of time to clear the walks after a "Major" Storm dumps a foot or more of snow on a site.....Im curious how quick they wrote those tickets...Was it 3 hours and one minute after the storm ended or was it days....:confused:

6. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I live in town. They will start ticketing as soon as the storm is over. TDGAF. Somerville is worse than Boston. AND all the a-holes that clear their cars off onto the sidewalk will get you a fine after youve cleared the walks too. Cost of doing business in the city. That is one of my selling points to my PM's, no fines or we eat them....

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

City Codes here we have 12hrs after snow has stop to get walks cleaned
    Boston must be broke needing some fine money

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

24 hrs to have all city walks clear following a storm

9. ducaticorse

from we

Boston isnt the only city in the area with policies such as this one. In that area specifically, there are a TON of welfare, government assistance non mobile people who use only public transpo, and their own two feet. Boston and the state are already paying for their housing, food, babies, health insurance and tobacco habits, so by fining the businesses, they are just recovering some of the ER fees they'll be paying for when someone slips and falls on one of these walks, because one thing is for damn sure, the people who fall sure as hell arent.....

10. ducaticorse

from we

In Cambridge, the city plowed out a school abutting one of my properties and stacked the snow on one of my sidewalks long after we cleared it. The inspector called the PM and notified him that the property was being fined, and will be receiving a ticket in the mail. You'll be sure to bet I'll be contesting that one..... They didnt plow the school out till thread days after the storm!!!!!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I want to go around issuing fines to the city!.

11. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The city tried that here but were forced to drop most of the tickets as it was shown that the city had not cleared it's own walks at city sites.

12. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time.Definitely all for the money,that's disgraceful.

13. ducaticorse

from we

It's part of the reason why I get $230 for a three car parking area with 50ft of city sidewalk :)

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Whoever has them should know the rules and plan accordingly. Having said that, I'm sure Walgreens could really give a rats a$$. Not like money is an issue...

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I need to move there.....

In Illinois, the only law on the books is that handicap spaces must be cleared no more than 24hrs after a storm.

16. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

by the total of the tickets the snow was cleared for 2 days.

Cities have a ordinance like that here but no one is getting a ticket with a storm that size. It took the towns 3-5 days to clear the snow and they still didnt get all the sidewalks.

17. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Shoot, after our last big dump--which was nothing compared to Nemo--the city didn't even have all the streets plowed within 3 days of the end of the snow.

They ended up giving people a "grace period" of 5 days. That's how long it took them to clear the side streets and their own walks.

18. RSE

RSE Member

Its the cheap ass store management folks...don't be fooled!!!!!! They hire some outfit one step up from a homeowner and rely on that. If that account was yours, you being the snow warrior, would have placed a bob cat, small tractor, five guys and trucks to camp out there during the entire snow event. That place would be spotless asphalt and the cleanest sidewalks. These cooperate stingies don't want to see what it cost to do a proper job and tell their management to keep costs low. The CVS pharmacy near my home did the same thing....instead of moving the snow off the lot and piling it, the owner just settled for pushing it into a corner, losing nearly 10 parking places. Its been like that for over a week.

19. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Sounds like someone's going after Walgreens. The snow removal at a Walgreens that we take care of is not managed by Walgreens or a "national".

20. WhiteWale

WhiteWale Junior Member
    from PA

Just got notice: SMS got fired by walgreens & as of March 01 I now have to deal with: http://dynaserv.com/

This should get interesting who will deal with who & I bet I win!!