1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Walgreens Bids

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJSnowPlowing, Aug 21, 2010.

1. DJSnowPlowing

DJSnowPlowing Junior Member

Does anyone know who is handling the bids for Walgreens in new hampshire
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

I know of a few who took bids for Walgreens. Are you curious who actually WON the bid?

It is yet to be determined, as told by a store manager just yesterday. 8000ish stores? Insane.
  3. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I was told it wouldn't be decided until Sept. 1
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

I wait with baited breath.
  5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

along with a lottttttt of other people, I'm sure...i know guys in OH that were pricing them below $2800.00 for the season because they want seasonal pricing here...let the low balling begin!:bluebounc
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Not for that price. Take it (lowballers) I'll pick it up next year.
  7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is Crazy Adam. $2800 for a season of plowing, walks, calcium and salt. Lets pick up there new slightly used equipment next springl once they go bankrupt or get sued for slip and fall. :laughing:
  8. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

if someone gets it for that.....good luck..."why don't you give me half your money now, we will go out back i will kick you in the nuts and we will call it a day.... (Vegas Vacation) i will stay home for that price
  9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am far from a lowballer, but depending on where in Ohio they are located, 2,800 might be right. Then again if they are in the snowbelt, forget about it, they will lose everything, as well as the contracts next year.
  10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Well, if they turn out like the lawn care has--quality down the crapper--$2800 might be just about right.
  11. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Around here they are decided by the store manager. Last year they tried contract all the Missouri and Arkansas lawn service and gave that up before the first cut...
  12. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Seasonal pricing is stupid. You can average and calc numbers until your fingers fall off. It's just a shot in the dark with a hope of coming out on top.

I stayed away from them when I seen seasonal.