1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by A&J Landscaping, Sep 2, 2013.

1. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Hey guys i'm just trying to see where everybody else in new england is on pricing for super wal-marts. I'm in RI. and the guys around here seem to be doing the local stores very cheap for the season. We do alot of commercial snow removal in southern RI. and CT. so im just trying to keep it fair in my area thanks .

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

There's a reason Wally World is the 'low price leader"........

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Mick76 post, thats why it seems low A&J

4. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Im also interested in super Wal-Mart pricing, but Im across the country from you!

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Most Walmart threads end up on the editing floor. I'm sure in a busier time this would turn into a heated debate. Walmart and their national contractor have the pricing for ya already.

6. J&L

J&L Member
    from Iowa

That's not necessarily true. We do the snow removal, lawn care, and lot sweeping for one and all of our prices were submitted to them, not a management co. USM had a contract with them recently, but I do not think that lasted more than a year or two. The other walmarts in our area are the same way, too, all approved at the store level.

7. J&L

J&L Member
    from Iowa

forgot to mention...
    pricing structure for the store we service is based on accumulated snow beginning at 1.5 inches. salt is paid based on half lot or full lot application. No hourly pricing or equipment rates.

8. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Here in Kansas the manager hires the contractors. They dumped the national company. Father in law is a manager at one in town too and I will not do the snow or sweeping on any of them.

9. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Same way here the manager picks the contractor.

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I get $100 a storm. Plus an extra $75 to salt!!!! payuppayup

11. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

$100 a storm....Price have gone up....:drinkup:

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono: :D

13. leolkfrm