1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FCS Services, Feb 4, 2011.

1. FCS Services

FCS Services Junior Member

Hello,

Anybody out there doing service for Wal-Mart?? If so what do you think of USM. ????

I've done searches here and found nothing ????

Thanks

2. FCS Services

please help me - i don't get the joke.............. i can't find anything on Lawnsite either.....

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Yes most of them just disappeared, I don't see USM as a sponsor, so why do they care if we talk about them?

They take for ever to pay and are incredibly picky about paper work and insurance, they will look for things to hold up your money, but in the end they do usually pay the last snow invoices around the end of May or early June. We have worked for them for years and after you call 20 times, and they have you re fax everything 3-4 times, they will send you payment for 4-5 random invoices, usually the lowest priced ones at that. Don't expect payment before 45-60 days ever!!

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

you get a callyou show up, do the work , get the signed work sheet by a manager, go home call it in on there state of the art IVR system, get the authorization number, put it on your bill, print weather report, fax it to them, and wait for them to call you and ask for some exhbit or form of some sort to release your payment, or in some cases actually pay you some, or in some cases you pay them some.....get sued and pay for all the lawyer and court costs, and settlement cuz your insurance will throw you under the bus like USM just did............if you can somehow get the upperhand by not having to sign a contract, like myself, then you will always get paid, but they will harass you everyday to sign, yet still pay you......the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing. That last sentence sums up my expeience with usm. I fell into a few jobs with them, and still dont see where all the problems from people not getting paid come from. If you call it in, fax it in, you get paid.........the contract however is for the gambler......if you like to gamble for partial pots then USM is your dealer.

5. FCS Services

Thanks ford - thats what i've been hearing a lot of.............. IDK

6. FCS Services

ACA - how can you get the work without singing the contract......

7. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Stay away and find several smaller contracts that will pay on time and be a lot less head aches than USM. If I wasn't already contracted with them i would walk away in a heart beat. If you can't get to a property in there time frame they will get another contractor and then pay them with money that they withhold from your money.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

We submitted a bid sheet for a few locations, never signed the contracts, they called the night of a storm and sent approval forms for job to job work........we are not the primary yet we service the location every storm. trust me its not been easy getting around the signature.........but i took the risk of not gettingpaid knowing that the contract was screwy, i get calls 3-4 times a week, 3-4 emaiols a week asking to submit signed sheets yret we have been paid for the first two storm visits.......45 days out.........they surprised me for sure, but i gambleded and won. USM was frantic to get a guy in the lot, so i said email the approval and something saying that i will get paid without signing the contract and they friggin did it.....so we did it.

9. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

we will not be doing work in the future for them i got lucky and i will ot be pushing my luck next year......there are plenty of guys here that want that job.............but for some reason they keep calling me???

10. FCS Services

wow. thats sounds scary.......... not sure what to do....... I'm no a short timeline to get the paper work back......... but like you guys i don't like the contract............

what to do, what to do, what to do......................... :-\

If i sign the contract is it good to go........ i mean with my bid i submit too.........????

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  11. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just stay away. Why take a chance signing your life away to USM? I would rather sit at home with trucks at the shop then to work for a company that takes no responsibility, makes me assume 200% of the liability, and then flips a coin to see if they are going to pay me or find some lame excuse to keep they money instead.

12. FCS Services

Thank to everyone for your opinion and thoughts.... it was helpful

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

There is a reason they want a contract signed more than halfway through the season. I hve never worked for them nor will ever take the gamble they have called me before

14. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

from the reply's here a person would be better off going to the boat and betting on either red or black.

15. rickintn

rickintn Junior Member

Sounds like a crap shoot to me too!!!! Who ever does it here keeps a backhoe in their lot all winter.

16. Sooner

Sooner Member

As of today, I told them that they can have my 6 stores that they want me to bid on for sweeping and powerwashing because they are taking over. It won't be easy to replace them, but I can sit at home and lose money with less hassle.

17. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Don't you have to mail/ Fed Ex them a sample of the snow too...LOL

18. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Off topic yes but Sooner, who did your website?? I like it. feel free to pm me.

19. FCS Services

I'm glad this thread is still going......... people need to know
    People like me............. thanks all

20. nliput

nliput Member

I do work for them and can tell you all the good and bad. Have never had a problem with payment and it always shows up when expected. PM and I will give you my number if you want to call me about them.