1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wal Mart & Servicechannel

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by shooters480, Sep 21, 2011.

1. shooters480

shooters480 Member

This week has been fun. Will it sink or float. Got nine of the twenty nine prices wrong, all less that the accepted contract bids were. But they are working on it. Any war stories yet.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What exactly are you referring to? 9 of 29 wrong?

3. shooters480

shooters480 Member

The agreed price with the Wal Mart managers that we have been doing the work after usm got droped earlier this year. But Servicechannel working with Wal Mart Exterior Services now sends work orders weekly with the price for each service. These work orders include everything, sweeping, pressure washing, & landscape maintenence.

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Read the O.P with a heavy north carolina accent, it makes much more sense that way.

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Made sense to me. I gotcha SHooter. Most of our work orders still show them in the "inactive" status. Call them and they tell you "Take care of your managers, we are working on it."

6. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Service Channel

Hey Hick's it's Dan from Ohio nice to get in contact with you, we have had good luck so far with Service Channel the only problem we have had is that the service ticket number does expire at 11:59 pm that day but we are now going to do an invoice and see how this turns out

7. GLLLC

GLLLC Member
    from CT

Service channel sucks we have 22hrs this week alone working with them and walmart:realmad::realmad:

8. Tiflawn

Tiflawn Member

Same with us. We sweep and mow for them. Nothing but nightmares. Prices are wrong, amount of services per week are wrong. Wait till snow flies.

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Going to be interesting. I also have over 20hrs invested in it so far plus a laptop to be able to process these when out of the office. I thought they said it wouldn't cost the contractors a dime? Oh well. The way I look at it is this: This raises the level of difficulty in bringing in new contractors. The barriers to entry might be enough to limit some from attempting to pick up work with WM.

Definitely some frustration, but if they steamline things and keep the nationals out of the corporate office, then the time and money I have invested are worth it.

10. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why did you pickup a laptop don't they send the work orders once a week to you

11. tm2501

tm2501 Junior Member
    from USA

I have 5 Wal Marts(Texas) that I do lawn care for and have for 7 years now...Is invoicing through service channel as hard as it looks????? I'm not real good with a computer....

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  12. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

The invoiceing is pretty easy I just did my first one on Thursday not bad at all

13. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

It has been a lot of work for my Admin staff, but now that we got everything figured out we are ok. My problem is what if the person that handles this is on vacation for a week or 2. We all need to request that they send this out monthly. this weekly **** is crazy. I do not do admin personally nor am I about to start. My plate is to full as it is. Please everyone say week need to do this monthly.

14. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

We were ready for a new one anyway. Plus, I am not sure exactly what is going to happen with the snow work orders. They way I am seeing it, I may have to accept work orders on the fly from the seat of my truck. If not, I have a new laptop to use while working or to use for checking trail camera cards in the field for our hunting business.

15. elroy195

elroy195 Junior Member

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it takes to get paid under the servicechannel program. And what the pay procedure is. No one in the store I service has any idea either. They are more lost then I am. I think I have the invoicing procedure understood, it's the getting paid part I don't know about!

16. cossmo35

cossmo35 Junior Member
    from AZ

you can invoice every 7 days. i have invoiced for the last two weeks of september and for two weeks they are set to pay nov 6th i have called and emailed wal-mart and service channel but they have not called or emailed me back good luck

17. CDC8002

CDC8002 Junior Member

We also have worked through pricing and length of service for lot sweeping and landscape with Service Channel for our stores. Pricing took 2 weeks to be corrected. Our contract period is from April thru November. The w/o's state April thru Oct and have yet to be corrected. Numerious e-mails from us and the stores with no reply. Have also called into Walmarts phone conferences with the store managers 3 times and the speeker has said each time his team is working on these problems with Service Channel and keep servicing your stores until the problems are corrected. The invoicing is a piece of cake, gets approved (color code green) within a couple days. We have 16 in the approved status (green). No one will tell us when they go into the PAID status (Blue). Has anyone had a invoice turn BLUE yet?

18. elroy195

elroy195 Junior Member

My Invoice status are the same as CDC8002. I'm a owner operator small business and not getting paid is really putting me in a bind. And I'm sure everyone else feels the same!!

19. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

We have been paid for 2 invoices now

20. cossmo35

cossmo35 Junior Member
    from AZ

pay terms

47dan what are your pay terms with wal-mart. that you got paid so fast. im still waiting to get paid from september. and for every 7 day's. i have to wait one month. i wish they would go back to the old way. i would turn in my invoices and two weeks later i would get paid. i don't know about you other guy's.but that's hard on me to keep paying wages and fuel to service my wal-marts and have to wait this long to get paid.but everyday. is getting closer to pay day,