1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wake Up East Coast!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowman777, Jan 10, 2005.

1. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

storms coming jan 17 - the whole week.
    we will see...be ready...

anyone know where to get tube sand in north NJ?
    purplebou :redbounce :waving:
  2. cc2004

cc2004 Member

They can't even predict the weather for tomarrow.
    Your talking like a week away.

I don't even listen to the forecast anymore.I get up at 1am if there's snow on the ground fine,if not i go back to bed. :sleeping:
  3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

PLANET Member

They have proven the ability not to be able to tell what its gonna do the next day. I want to have that kinda job security. I mispredict the weather, I lose accounts or face poss slip and lawsuits. ALLWAYS BE READY :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

what ever happened to those 3 storms that were coming this way for this past weekend that everyone was talking about?
  6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

So far this year I think they can tell there is a storm coming they just don't know what's going to come down from the sky.

I think they are looking at all the West coast storms that are moving this way bit by bit.
    And starting this weekend it looks like the cold air will be in place for it to be snow.

Look for some tonight in the NE CT. :angel:
  7. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

They are looking at the possibility of some storms for next week. But for this week looks like snow sleet freezing rain for tommorow night and wed morning
  8. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

Boy, would I love to believe that, but with the forecast saying it's going to be 63 degrees on Thursday....... I know we're going to get a cold snap on Saturday, so hopefully we'll be able to get out there soon and make some loot!! payup
  9. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Well its going to be 62 degrees here on Thursday. Essex county area of Jersey.
  10. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

same here in ct...supposed to be 60, but then turn back to high's of 30 by the weekend. only time will tell.
  11. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

60's for tomorrow, then turn fridget thursday and friday and on threw the weekend. Everyone is talking about the storm here but i don't see it yet.
    Cked the weather pages and not much of a sign of a storm. :realmad:
    I'll be happy for something to make that money and play with my new toys :redbounce
  12. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

think sod with this kind of weather!!! :rolleyes:
  13. midview31

midview31 Junior Member

Are you saying that if you miss a push of someones drive or lot and someone falls, you are liable?
  14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Yep same here in Columbus. 60's on Wednesday then down hill from there. I just saw that they are calling for snow showers here from Friday on. That is after we get possibly 1-2 more inches of rain.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was thinking of getting in some beach time this week! :rolleyes:
  16. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Well its kinda hard to know if its tru a week away but im hoping for the best....what storm ya talkin bout the one from the west coast comin across. Cross your fingers man.

Tube sand??havent heard of it but maybe it has other names or you can tell me what you need it for, i can get jus bout anything around here.

17. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

It's coming sooner or later. Think about it. The entire world is turing upside down. Tsunami's, earthquakes, rivers flooding, rain for days, mudslides, hurricanes, and ungodly amounts of snow.... the northeast has been getting away pretty easy lately...we're due for something.....
  18. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Wake up East coast

The jet stream has been screwwwwwwwwwwwwed UP!

Theirs been a few good storms that came in on the California cost, they headed east, then the jet stream carried them NE, right over our heads.

January is usually our coldest month, Jan. and Feb. is when we get most of our snow.

So far......it's been in the 60's a little rain here and there, I've been running around in a short sleved shirt, it feels more like September or May here right now.

The...hmmmp hummmm....Weather Man said it's supposed to get cold Thursday.

In the lower 30's, and get this, it's supposed to rain.

Oh yeah, and their predicting snow for next week AND the week after.

Earlier in the year they said we were supposed to have a colder than normal winter, with 25% more snow fall.

If that's going to happen, we're in for a lot of snow during the next 6 to 8 weeks.

And what the hell is tube sand?!?

Won't regular sand work?
  19. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

Tube sand is a brand name of sand in long skinny heavy plastic tubes made to fit
    in trunks of cars for ballast and traction...its good because it's very gritty and well sealed so there is less of a chance it turning into a solid lump when things freeze. i had the chance today to buy some in the catskills but i didn't want to stop and load my car.. hope to find it here in NJ. home depot used to have it but not anymore around here.

think snow! something is going to happen next week.
  20. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

tube sand.. great stuff.. 60lbs each tube.. $2.45 ea at the hime depot..