1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by agurdo17, Dec 15, 2011.

1. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

Can tell everyone is sitting on their bums waiting for snow. Normally I can log on here and read for an hour about new ****. Lately all anyone has been talking about is...... well nothing. I am 95 percent contracts and i still cant wait for at least one plow-able event.
    :sleeping:

2. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Just looked back on the December records of plowing from last year, and here in seacoast NH our first entry for plowing was Dec. 27. Then all hell broke loose.

3. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

2010 10 times on resi's 13 on commercials.
    2009 3 times
    2008 1 time

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Its 69 degree and raining right now. going to be in the 50's for the rest of the week and 40's next week and sunny...

If i remember last year, I was out 2 times in Dec, once on before Christmas and one on Christmas Day, because the girlfriend was giving me crap about having my shovel guy work on Christmas, it was his choose....

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Some of us had snow early but are now like you eastern US guys........... sitting around looking at a whole lot of blue sky.

I paid for my used plow already.

image 001.jpg

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Anyone else getting the feeling that this nice weather is leading up to something bad!!! For all the talk about how we were going to get so much snow this year, I am quite sure that when winter hits, it is going to make up for all the nice weather now. I just hope it holds out until after Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Its always nice to see snow on Christmas day but, I agree with buckwheat, might as well wait until after the holiday.

9. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Benjamins are benjamins.

I'll take em. Christmas eve, christmas day......

When I was driving truck holidays and birthdays were celebrated when you could.
    Not always on the day that the calendar said.

If I'm plowing on christmas so will some of my other family members that we were going to go visit.

10. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

i hate to say it but there is probably a good chance at this point that our first storm for many of us will wrap around the holidays. Not good for dads with kids......

11. tjdozerman

tjdozerman Member

I wouldn't be the best timing , but its what we all signed up for And depend on to cover the bills in the winter.