1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Waiting on the Snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCass31, Dec 14, 2006.

1. NCass31

NCass31 Member

First year plowing, took these pictures with my phone so they aren't the best. I'll put better ones up when i find my camera. 98 Ram 2500 with 8' Western Pro Plus, 28" Cub Cadet, Drop Spreader, and a propane torch. Torch works wonders on short walkways with the light stuff, don't have to get the thrower down. One thing that you can't tell from the pictures... its 50 flippin degrees out.:dizzy:

front.jpg

everything.jpg

angle.jpg

pro.jpg

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Dont feel bad....

Dont feel bad it is going to be in the 50's here in North Conway today.If the ground keeps warming up we will never get any snow to stick around.

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah ill be happy if we get snow before january here but nice set up there have fun

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Like the equipment, never thought of torch for small sidewalks, not a bad idea.:nod:

5. NCass31

NCass31 Member

6. CAMP Lawncare

CAMP Lawncare Member

Wouldn't using a torch leave some water on the walk do you worry about it refreezing

7. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

8. NCass31

NCass31 Member

never knew that..interesting.. thanks for the info.. the walkways i've done are each on a significant grade, the run either went to the curb or into the snow along the edge. now that i know that it freezes faster might have to follow up with the spreader sooner...