1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

waiting impatiently for ordered f350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cntryboymc, Nov 28, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

like an idiot i sold my diamond plow off my chevy because iwanted to get a western ultramount for it.decided the chevy needed a bunch of work(95 k2500 with 122,000 miles).ordered a 2004 f350 reg cab xlt v10 from ford dealer i work for.i wanted a chevy but the discounts were really worth while as an employee.they said 6 weeks for delivery-its way past that!here is the dilemma:do i just wait it out and hope for no snow until the truck arrives or do i get a western for the chevy and then for the ford also?i just dont want to get screwed if an early plowable storm comes.i know this was really dumb on my part-selling the diamond plow.any thoughts?
  2. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

i would prob. try to figure out if buying the western for the chevy, and then buying another set of mounts for the ford is worth it... if a set of mounts cost $400, how much could u make in say one storm? its not worth spending $400, to only make $300 back, it may be worth sitting out the one storm (if u can, and u dont have customers depending on that one truck). none the less its a tough decision but best of luck with it. also enjoy the f-350 sounds like a sweet truck!!!:drinkup:
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

COUNTRY......Hey where ya been? Bummer your new
    rig hasn't showed yet ! Can ya get anyone to cover
    your routes? Best way out.

Ya missed the CNY meet and greet a couple weeks

Hey check the Networking Thread here "CNY Plowers"
    We got pics and stuff of everybody ! Ya missed some fun!

Post your e-mail down there..The PMs here aren't
    working. So if ya get in a jamb one of us can cover
    yer axx!..............geo........sonjaab@aol.com
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

if you install a blade on the chevy you can always take it off and reinstall it on your new ford. you you can buy a plow for both trucks and keep the chevy as a back up plow truck.
  5. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

i will probably have to get the western on the chevy.
  6. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

pretty much the same thing happened when I ordered my new Chevy 2 years ago. the build date was in September so I sold my old truck. Then October came and still no new truck.. then November came and no new Truck. So I went to the dealer and told them I needed the truck before it snowed so they located me one with a few more options than what I had ordered and sold it to me for the same price. A week after I took delivery the one I had ordered came in... and we didn't get snow until December. I guess you could gamble on not getting snow.. or you can find someone to help you out if you do get snow before you get the truck... But if you do buy a plow for the chevy you can always keep it as a backup or sell it when the new truck is setup.
  7. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

well guys,i went into the sales office last sat. where i work and asked why the f350 was not here yet.they called ford and was told it was not yet built and wouldnt be delivered until the end of feb.i was pretty unhappy at that point.they attempted to locate a truck for me,all of which had electric shift on the fly 4wd which i didnt want.these have a lot of problems.so thanks to a friend i put in a call to a local chevy dealer.i gave them the specs on what i wanted.the whole deal went very well.so yesterday i picked up my first brand new truck.it is a 2004 chevy 2500hd reg cab ls 6.0 l gas auto locking rear diff,snow plow prep,trailering packages,etc.the western 8ft pro plus plow will be installed this wed.today though i was able to borrow a friends 99 f250 diesel 6 speed with a western 8ft pro to do my driveways.anyone have a chevy like this?any idea where to get an aluminum light bar for it?