1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wahoo! Minnesota is expecting our first big snow storm of the season!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kristin Stephan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Hey everyone! Sorry we're a little excited over here as we are expected to get around a foot of snow Tuesday through Wednesday. This will be our first big snow fall of the season. Get your Kage systems ready to go!!!

2. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Hope you get some snow but I wouldn't get too excited until it starts to snow. Here in MI we were supposed to get 8-12 inches last weekend and even got are first WSW and we ended up with half inch of snow when all said and done.
  3. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Haha yup, guys have been pumped up around here for a few days.

It's still 24-36 hours out lol. Things could change like they have been the whole time leading up to this event.
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This has been talked about for days in the Minnesota Weather section. Either way I am in no way excited for it. They are saying high moisture content so that means super heavy and wet slop. Wet snow is not only hard to push but its harder on the trucks and you cant stack it so small lots will fill up quick.
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

If only you could see the look of excitement on my face right now. :rolleyes:
  6. NBI Lawn

SO EXCITED I could just sh!t :rolleyes:
  7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

**** winter.
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

It was supposed to be "Snowmageddon 2012"........ Ended up being a Joke......:laughing:......:gunsfiring:

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Go figure I just filled everthing up and got back and saw the noon forecast. Metro 3-6 inches a big change from 6-12. This winter has really sucked!!
  10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Or Snownami.:rolleyes:
  11. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

Ahh good to see ya back lol :)

That so called blizzard made me get motivated to change the fluids on the truck and get my snow blower workin cancel a dinner date with the gf. Then I got put in the dog house by her bc it didn't even snow
  12. NBI Lawn

This morning at 7am they were saying 2-4 and 3-6 for the metro...depends who you watch. I predict we get snow but I dont think the metro will be too bad. I am worried it is going to be super heavy crap though. I would rather have 10" of fluffy stuff than 4" of wet crap.
  13. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah i'll be happy with anything at this point. payup
  14. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Don't hold your breath! I more excited for spring to get here so I can go back to doing lawns and would rather not get any more snow so I can start earlier!
  15. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

We got 10" up here Sunday. They are saying another 6-10" for tommorrow night and wednesday. Great to finally make some money. They are predicting 6-10 tommorrow night for Duluth and ANOTHER 6-10 on wednesday!!
  16. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

HAve fun! I am an hour south of the minn border and there talking ice overnite and then up to an inch of rain during the day, turning back to ice and then finish with snow on Weds. Just lovely!
  17. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Have fun...better then 60's and rain....
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  18. mnguy

mnguy Member

Rain a under an inch of snow forcasted here for Rochester MN. I am visiting lawnsite more now then plowsite.

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

This winter has, especially with two new plow trucks just sitting. :realmad:

I'll be happy with anything over a dusting!:mad:
  20. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Well guys I couldn't agree with you more. Who would have ever thought we would have a Winter with such little snow after last year? Let's hope we have a really snowy March and a better season all together next year!