1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wagner plow light wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Wrecker, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Wrecker

Wrecker Junior Member

I have a 89 Chevy with Wagner plow lights. The truck was originally set up by GM as a plow truck. I have a separate switch that kills the regular headlights and turns on the plow lights when the regular headlight switch is turned on. The Plow lights will only work if the High beam switch is on. If it is off I have no plow lights. All signals work fine. I think someone has butchered the wiring. I have a Red wire, black wire, brown wire and white wire coming out of each light.
    Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for these lights? Id really like to fix this mess.:confused:

Thanks
    Paul

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Not many schematics left around for the older style wiring, if you scroll down a few threads in this section theres a posting under "wiring plow lights", that explains how your truck was wired up, as for what wire does what at your plow lights, you might have to pull the bulbs out and to a little testing with a test light and work back from there and the switch.

3. john-boy

john-boy Member

most likely your low beam relay has gone bad in the plow light wiring harness. just follow the wiring from the auxillary light switch.