1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wages for Christmas day.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by casey, Dec 24, 2002.

1. casey

casey Banned

Calling for 5-10 cm tonight & through the day tomorrow so will likely be working Chrismas day. Unfortunately this means I will have to put the bottle away soon.

Wondering what anyone paid employees for working Christmas. I told 2 guys $35 CND. (Cash) per hr., which is app. time & a half.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I pay all my guys a seasonal salary,even sidewalk guys.Most of our routes are booked at 100 hrs a season,per truck.Guys get a seasonal rate,up to the 100 hrs after which they get hourly.We have only gone over once.Makes it easier for me to budget,guys get a paycheck every two weeks,and they are much happier and willing to come in when needed.They also don't mind doing pre-snow checks and after storm repairs\maintenance as they are getting paid.There may be a cash bonus if we require them on christmas day or new years for a big storm,and they are out for long hours.Most of our guys get $2000.00 - $3000.00 a season,and the odd bonus for extra work,long shifts etc.We also let them do a few cash jobs on the way back,again,keep em happy and they will repay you tenfold.

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

We are Paid Double time off with the option of paid time off during the next week.

Geoff

4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Will pay my guys double time the entire day.

5. casey

casey Banned

What does your double time work out to per hr.?

6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

SLC1

Do you charge you customers extra for working on X-mas and New Years Day???????

Gene

7. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

My guys will be making $100. an hr today ( Double time ), because of the Holiday. If we plow after midnight tonight, then we go back to straight time. Have a great Holiday. It looks like most of us in the northeast will be white......

Rick