1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wacker WL37 Snowblower Video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Dec 11, 2013.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I know some of you were interested in how this little machine was working for us. So far so good. Haven't used the blower much other then a couple of sidewalks that drifted in a bit. Seemed to have plenty of power for running the blower. We have had a couple push's with the 10ft arctic on the front and it has worked great so far. Here's a little video I took for those of you interested.
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for posting that video. I'm liking that machine a lot. I would rather see it plow...
  3. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

My town used a Wacker for a year. Snowblower didn't work well compared to one driven by a pto shaft. Also, without a float, it didn't follow contours well. Residents complained. Good machine for driveways, not well for long sidewalks which have hills. Snowblower worked better on the contours because you could adjust the down pressure going so slow. Multi-v was a joke. They definitely missed the Holder which cracked an oil pan. Ended up buying a new Trackless.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I will try to get some video of it plowing when it snows next time.

I guess we don't have any hills around here to worry about. What size machine was it? I demo'd a wl30 and didn't care for that small machine. The bigger machines are a completely different unit. With that arctic slip hitch on the pusher it works perfect for that. I guess we like it so far but we will revisit at the end of the winter and see how I feel.
  5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

LoL it was a 30. Had an E-Poke tow-behind spreader. They used it as a loader for small road work a lot. Very versatile loader but not the best for snow removal. The superintendent at the time did want to buy one (the one used was a rented machine for a year), but the selectmen and director chose the MT Trackless. Used to buy only Holders. 14 miles of sidewalk with a lot of dips, hills, etc. It's out as soon as it starts snowing and they used it to maintain scraping down to the pavement. A lot of people up the ladder were complaining it didn't scrape the ground as well on the dips (especially when it got onto and off the ramps).
  6. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a sweet looking little machine. Hope it's working out for you.