1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wacker wheel loaders?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have been looking at one and now I see they offer a smaller machine that would work great for us as we do a ton of residential drives and walks. It will fit down a sidewalk, 44 hp, front mount blower, etc. I think it was the wacker Neuson Wl 30. Right now I am using new holland tractors with front mount blowers - they are nice but we road trip them all over town - there slow, but yet not worth time loading and unloading on trailers. Also use two BC skids - one with blower other just bucket. Anyone know much about these units? Or have one?

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

The wl30 only has a 20K trans in it... Unless you have a really small compact tractor your tractors should be doing 31km/h... A deere 3720 does anyways...

I looked into them in the spring and setteled for a cat 906H and couldn't be happier with my decision over a WL50...

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

So your suggestion would be to simply get a bigger tractor? With a bigger tractor I could handle a larger seeder, maybe a loader, etc. Already have the skids and not much work for a small wheel loader during the summer but ya know how that goes, always find something to use it on.