1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

W Series or C Series 4500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PremierLand, May 27, 2007.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I need another truck, bigger than what I have now. Im not sure if I want the cab over W series, or a C series (like a kodiak).

The W series has a much bigger box, a big storage compartment, longer warranty,and is cheaper ($35,000). The only thing holding me back is I hate how ugly cab overs are. The sides on the dump are about 4-5ft tall and it also has a side door.

The C series is just your average dump body with fold down sides (which I love) and it has a locking diff. and that is going for $37000, but it doesnt have as long of a warranty and more expensive and not as big of a box.

The only thing really holding me back is:
    1. the w series is ugly.
    2. you cant plow with the w series.
    3. you can haul more with the w series.
    4. you can see more with the w series.
    5. w series is cheaper.

so im really not quite sure on what to do here. its a tough decision. I know I WANT the C series, but I think the W series is a better investment.

what do you think?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why cann't you plow with a W series? I have set up 2 of them and they are awesome plow trucks. You look right down on the blade, they have a incredible turning radius, and because of the vertical windshield snow just slides off so there's none of the normal snow build up on the cowling.