1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vxt scoop problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have a 3 year old boss 8'2 vxt. The other night it started acting funny during the storm. When in scoop and raising up, without any snow( I was troubleshooting it ), it starting clicking, shaking, and was chattering. Almost like it was to heavy to lift. Everything else worked fine. Anyone ever see this before?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

low on fluid

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea. X2. Sounds fluid related. How did it angle ?

4. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

x3 fluid mine did same thing when it was low

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Thanks, I will check it out. It angled fine. I had it flushed and fluid changed the end of last season. I only plowed 2 times with it so far ( commercial lots ). How could 2 plows make the fluid low? If I only notice it in scoop mode , so far, how can low fluid not effect the other angles or raising? Thanks

6. dieselss

Well if the fluid was never filled the right way to begin with you changed at end of last season,,,I usually do it before the new season

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I had a boss service shop do it when they prepped it for storage. You'd think they'd know the right way to do it

8. dieselss

Maybe a new kid er something

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Why would only one hydraulic lift of the plow be affected and not the others if they all draw from the same place?

10. dieselss

B/c up and in scoop use all the fluid at the same time

11. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

In scoop both the angle cylinders are full of oil and when up the lift cylinder is full of oil, the resevoir is as low as it can get when all three cylinders are full of oil.