1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VXT ready for snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cdahl1177, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

truck and plow is ready for snow. thanks to the guys at the local Boss shop. BAMSS snow and service in kent ohio. great guys if your in the area.

vxt5.jpg

2. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Nice looking set up!!

3. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Been down at that shop great guys down there. Fellow iaff member Local 1500. NICE LOOKING TRUCK! Have a good season...payup

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nice plow. Can't go wrong with The Boss!

5. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

thanks hope everything is good this season for you. im actually plowing for the guys that run that shop this year. the one guy is a firefighter part time in portage county.

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice!! How about some day time pics ?

7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

was theyre price good? the closest boss dealer to me is jti but kents not far

8. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

the price was great! they are a small shop getting started so they want to give the best deal possible to keep people coming back. i called around and their price was lower than JTI.

9. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

10. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I might get one. Am considering the 9.2 also. I back drag about 1/2 my driveways. What helped you make decision to get 8.2?

11. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

after long hours in the work shop crunching numbers, drinking beer, and using very scientific tools....... a 9'2" wouldn't fit in the garage door.

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and plow have a great season

13. jklawn&Plow

Well I ended up with a similar choice, similar reasons and I didn't want to wait till Mid Jan for a 9.2 . I'll upgrade in a few years if at all. Did notice that the 8.2 has the more downpressure than the 9.2 looking at LBS per square inch along the cutting edge.

14. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I just figure i can get wings and take them off to get it inside the garage.

15. jklawn&Plow

How bout postin a daylight picture of the setup?

16. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

give me a day of two and i will take a couple