1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VXT Pump Motor stuck on.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 4x4Farmer, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Put the plow on for about 2 hours tonight to clean up a little drifting and when I was done I went to take the plow off the truck and when I hit the switch to lower the tower it lowered but then when I let go the motor never shut off. It would switch back to raise the tower and then when Id let off it would switch back to the lower mode and would not shut off. Would this be a stuck solenoid? Thats the only thing I can think of. Its about -10 degrees right now so I wouldn't be surprised if its something like that. Any other Ideas?

2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

solenoid

Just had mine to dealer solenoid.

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

mine was a $293.00 controller. Of course it wouldn't be a cheap solenoid! Well now I have just spent dang near more than I have made all winter. lol What a crap-shoot.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ouch! Sounds like you'll make some $$ Sunday finally!

5. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

controller

I pick up a few used extra controllers in the off season for around 100.00