1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VXT or pull plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jklawn&Plow, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I do all residential and want to upgrade to save time and get more money long term.
    Will the 8.2 Vxt back drag well? I noticed the 8.2 has the most lbs per squ inch on the pavement but wonder if I should just get an ebling or other and keep my 7.6 std.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Just get a back plow. It is going to be a lot faster then any front blade. If all i did was residentials I would have one on my truck and be done with it. The vxt is not going to help you clear those drives any faster even if it has a lot of weight to it. Might as well get a snowway with down pressure and a back blade and you will be a drive way machine.

3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Ebling

Easy for me to say but get a Ebling, best investment bar now to add to a 3/4ton pickup....
    I will never be without one now that I own one.... on residential drives you will kick ass...

Last storm I plowed 15 drives in under and hour with fantastic results...

Best of luck.... and yes you can thank me after you try one....

Al

4. jklawn&Plow

I could lift all four tires up off pavement payup

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. jklawn&Plow

Thats what I was thinking. I do need to lift out a toro one stage and a couple times a season ramp up a dual stage snowblower. It seems I might need to take the plow off for this. Also whats involved with hooking it up. I put the Boss setup on my truck, could I install the ebling-is it just as easy? and is it easy to pop on and off like the Boss front plows?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Eblings are awesome. First year I've had one and I can't say enough about it.

7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I would agree the ebling looks awesome. A cheap alternative would be to add a hinged type bak drag bar to your current plow. Probably about $250 or $300, I made my own and a few others for friends and family. I am sure they don't work as well as the eblings. Everyone I made them for said they wouldn't want to plow without them.

Also not as much to go wrong with them, plus you can still pull a trailer. No down pessure with it though. I am not trying to compare the two, The ebling is definetly made to backdrag, just trying to give another option.