1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vxt not level

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Jan 30, 2009.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have a 03 gmc 2500 hd 4x4 with a 8'2 vxt. Theres also a leveling kit on it.The boss installer said everything was level and adjusted right. I noticed when the plow is on the truck and in float, one wing sits off the ground about a 1/2" at the outside edge. I took the plow off and measured both front wheel wells and saw that one was roughly 1/2" higher. If this installer said everything was level, is there something else you should measure other than the front wheel wells to get a more acurate reading? Also if the installer adjusted my torsion keys and I want to see where the minimum setting is how do you see where that is. Just didn't want to back it off to much and have something come apart above it.
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Check your push beam, on level ground measure from the ground to the center of the hole on the beam, if they are both the same it doesn't matter about the rest of the truck.

you can go to bossplow.com and check the "service center" for the correct installation height for that, for your specific plow........

Let us know what you find out when you check that measurement.
  3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

The push beam centers are both the same. If the wheel wells are off by 1/2" won't that throw off my tire alignment(inside wear), and possibly making the one wing outside edge higher? Also the installer had a problem with hitting the 15 1/2" from the 500lb ballast in the back and he said as long as your close your allright, another guy there said its just a reference point. I thought if your to high it'd cause it to trip easier or throw the cutting edge angle off some.