1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VXT cutting edges not wearing evenly.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Diesel Bob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Just installed my new wing extensions and noticed that the plow cutting edge is not wearing evenly.
    The passenger side outside edge is 4 3/8" and the inside is 4 1/2"
    The drivers side outside edge is 5 1/2" and the inside is 5"
    I do spend alot of time plowing with it angled to the right, would that cause this type of uneven wear?
    I do not do any commericial plowing just my families/friends large driveways and easement roads which are blacktop and concrete.
    Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your putting more pressure on the one side and its wearing it down a little faster
  3. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Thanks Grandview.
    I guess I will have to start plowing more with it angled to the left to even the wear.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

An inch seems like a lot difference in wear, you sure the A frame isn't tweaked?
  5. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

I have verified that the A frame is not tweaked/bent.
    But I have been plowing the same driveways and roads the same way, same direction with the plow angled to the right for the past 3 years.
  6. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

There lies your answer, yes.