1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

VX95 and VX85 Controller Question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowguy43, Oct 4, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey everyone,

I finally was able to see a VX95 demo this weekend at a local fair and I'm sold. Even my wife was amazed at the price for this plow compared to others $4700 (I know of a place that has them cheaper) since we walked by the Fisher display who had a 7 1/2' HT going for $4600.

Anyways, In the brochure the controller looks like you'd need two hands to push the buttons in order to get it to Scoop or V? Am I incorrect on this or do you need to push both side buttons at the same time to get the wings to work together? I didn't look at the controller that the truck had ( I was too busy watching the demo) but this is really the only downfall I can find.

Thanks

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Scoop and V are two-fingered, although with the way I hold the controller it's pretty easy (index finger and middle finger hit the buttons).

Straight blade is single-button - it's the middle of the LEFT or RIGHT pad.

We didn't want to go crazy with buttons, so we kept it simple. I haven't had anyone complain yet, but I know people like what they are used to.

Thanks,
    Scott

3. plowguy43

I'm sure I'd get used to it pretty quick. I still haven't used a V plow so I don't have any old habits yet!

4. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Its a great plow. I bought a 9.5 V last season. love the trip edge.

5. plowguy43

I was amazed at the thing when I saw it. Very solid looking piece with fast hydro's. Me and another guy (who I didn't know) were both very impressed. He said to the salesman, what does this cost like $7000, when the salesmen said $4700 he literally asked where to sign!

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We have some great pricing on the V plows if your interested
    8.6 V-4,111.00
    9.6v - 4,222.00

7. plowguy43

Those are some great prices. Honestly I'll probably end up picking one up in the middle to end of the season. Thanks!