1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vx85 problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JTRUCKER, Jan 12, 2010.

1. JTRUCKER

JTRUCKER Junior Member
    from MN

I have a VX85 that has not been functioning correctly for 5-6 weeks and my dealer just got parts in to fix problem, but they say they did not get enough parts to fix mine and they do not no when they will get more. I need this plow working NOW!!!!!! I would never have purchased plow if I would of know the problems I was going to have. I am ready to drive to Snow Dogg and place my plow through there front door!!!!!

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

what problems are you having with your plow?

3. JTRUCKER

JTRUCKER Junior Member
    from MN

vx85

When trying to angle plow left or right wings extend in and out. It is all messed up!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

This is a known issue that Buyers is taking care of. Mine is doing the same thing and if you look thru there are a couple other posts about this. Call buyers and they will take care of you.

5. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

Your dealer is not doing their job. They should have been honest about this issue. I would like an update on the parts going out to the dealers and when our blades are going to be serviced.......

Anyone know if the dealers have the parts and if so, who do we call if out of state??????????? We have a break in weather so we should get them done asap. I have not cleaned the parts inside the plow due to not messing with it. I assume have the dealer do what Buyers wants them to do. ANYONE know when we should call and do we handle this through customer service????????? I know its not easy for Buyers and we should all be patient until there is crap traetment or service with a dealer. Until then, let Scott take care of the issue because he is on top of it. They do not want unhappy customers so lets all stay active on the forum............ Billy.

6. cboycadi

cboycadi Junior Member

from what i have herd they are buying them back.

7. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

what are u talking about? Who told u that? Makes no sense if they have a fix and even easier in six weeks

8. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I've heard there are many issues with the v plows but as far as i know the straight blades are money. But I do know several people on here with the v plow and love them. Looks like they need to work out the kinks but the Buyers sounds helpful

9. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

I dropped my plow at the dealer this a.m. and 3 hours later it was all changed out with a all new hyd. system. Hoses,pump,and 3 cylinders. Mechanic was impressed and said Buyers was "doing this the right way"! These are really good plows guy's,every manufacture has problems, It all comes down to how they take care of the end user,that's you and me.The dealer wanted feed back on how I liked the V as they know I have had Boss V's for 20 years. I told them I would buy another in a minute,and would take it over the Boss. He was surprised as most people go Boss and never look back.I would say that would have been true up until this summer when I walked into the show room,but a S.S. plow,flap,and locking cylinders about $2000 cheaper than a comparably equipped Boss. No brain-er to me,money talks and B.S walks.Really Boss is a great plow and if this buyers V had not come along I would have bought another. You really need to check the Buyers V out as they are great HD units. ussmileyflag

10. CornerStoneProp

Mine is at the dealer as we speak because they did not hook up the hoses right. Anyone have a pic I can bring with me to show where the lines go to make it easier on them? I was impressed when the called me to say the parts are in and ready to fix the plow, I just would expect that they took the time to see where the old lines came out to put them back where they were. They say it should be ready Monday afternoon so we will just have to wait and see...

11. CornerStoneProp

Got a call this morning from Hartford Truck and they said I was all set. I will have to find out for myself but looks like it was low on fluid after the cylinders took some fluid for the first time causing everything to act up. I would buy another plow from Buyers in a heart beat as they stood behind their product no questions asked. This could have easily been a big issue. I was able to bring my plow to another dealer that I did not buy it from and they fixed it under warranty and did not make me wait at all! Lets see if this is the end of issues!

12. voltmeister

voltmeister Junior Member

I have the same problem Maybe had 6 hrs on the plow before it started. My dealer said they know nothing about it (Future Line Truck Equipment, Cedar Rapids, IA). It started off just pushing the right wing out button would move both wings out, were as the left wing out button worked correctly. And now no matter which wing out button I push, both wings extend out. I have put it in my heated shop to dry everything out, did not work. I love the performance of the plow other than this problem. I have been a 10 year BOSS guy, I bout this to save money and saw all good blogs about it..HMMMMM? It is very frustrating.

13. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

Take it back to the dealer,or contact Scott from Buyers and he will get the parts to your dealer.Your dealer should call them and ask them about this if they don't know anything about this issue. Mine was done last week in about 3 hours,complete new hyd. system.(Pump,cylinders,hoses and fittings)

14. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

You need another dealer if they won't fix it mine goes out of their way to make sure every thing is fixed and I'am happy

15. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

They should have had the service alert - but they probably didn't have anyone with the problem until you called. We know what the problem is and will make sure it gets taken care of, I assume Futureline will be calling me Tuesday...

16. voltmeister

voltmeister Junior Member

I will call Future Line tomorrow. Is there a TS number for this problem? Thanks You very much.

17. CornerStoneProp

My issue was completely solved. Buyers shipped the parts to the dealer the day after I made a call myself! Everything works perfect again!

18. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

so then is this problem being fixed on "floor models"? if this problem is known about i sure hope that all of the inventory is having the "fix" preformed before selling them. i am very interested in giving one of these plows a try, but i do not want to by one and WAIT for the problem to occur to be fixed.

by the way..how long is the warranty on these plows?? will this problem be a pro-rate fix or covered by the manufacturer if it appears after the original warranty expires?

19. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Buyers has a 2 year warranty. This is our first year with Snow Dogg and we installed a lot of them and haven't had any major problems. A couple of small problems happened in the hydraulics, but we quickly found the problem to be dirt in the system so we simply disassembled the unit cleaned it up well and problem solved.
    I think all in all its not a bad unit for the price. Most of the units we sold were to smaller businesses, (the majors are afraid due to the newness of the units and stuck with Western and Boss) but some of the larger major businesses have expressed interest in Snow Dogg and maybe by next year they may buy a few, that will be a good test for them!