1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vx85 on a 2500HD

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Plow Down, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

I have a 2002 2500HD and have put vx85 on it. Has anyone had to do anything to the front end of your truck to support the blade or should the tortion bars be able to handle it.

thank you

2. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Had V blades on 3 Chevys 2500 and did nothing but the torsion bars. I feel the key is not to drive around day to day with the blade on. Use it, wash it, and drop it off the truck.

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I put timbrens on my 09 to help it out. Going to be putting one on a 05 so i 'll see if there is a difference.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Those plows are pretty light. They weigh in around the same as an 8' straight blade Western or Boss. Timbrens help all GM's, so they'd help. Not that necessary IMHO. My buddie runs a 9.5 Snow Dogg on his 02 2500HD and it handles it well.

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Actually they are heavier than a boss 950 to 700 lbs on the 8.5 blades.

6. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

Got-h2o
    Did your buddy have his torsion bars all the way adjusted up. How high is his plow mount of the ground?

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya his bars are up, but not all the way cranked. He runs 285's too. I'd have to measure the mount with the plow on/off, but it's not excessively low. He's a stickler about that. I'm 100% sure he would have measured it and adjusted it properly.

8. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

I also run 285 that dose seem to help get the front end up. sounds like i should be good with what i have thank you for your help